Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aarons  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 1:36:10 AM(UTC)
aarons

Groups: Member

So we've been using the Image Uploader since version 3. We're currently using a single domain version 4 uploader, and looking to upgrade to 5. I've contacted sales@aurigma.com about this, but have yet to receive a response, so maybe some people on the forums have an idea.

We have constantly had problems on our development servers using this uploader. Our development servers are internal, whereas our production servers are hosted at a colocation. The development servers essentialy go to the domian: "<ourdomain>.dev". This obviously doesn't bode well with our single domain license.

Ignoring the "trial" version popup is fine in development, but eventually that trial version on our development servers will expire. This then requires that we either reinstall it (delete and redownload/install the files), or possibly install the standalone version locally on the computer. However, doing either of these can sometimes cause a server/proxy error that is somewhat annoying to debug. And each computer, more often than not, needs to be fixed in a unique way.

Normally it can be fixed by either removing the "Aurigma image uploader" add on from IE, or uninstalling from add/remove programs if the standalone version was used. But sometimes IE won't let you uninstall the application, and you actually have to go through and delete all registry settings relating to Aurigma. Needless to say, getting a consistent result across all of our developers computers is somewhat annoying.

So i'm just curious how others might be using the uploader in development if their license doesn't agree with the terms. I'm more than happy to look into licensing options that might even accomidate development and production servers just to avoid this, but as i said, i have yet to hear back from sales.

RebeccaS  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 3:19:54 AM(UTC)
RebeccaS

Groups: Member

You should be able to get a development license from them (at least, I have). Just contact support, and give them the domain information and explain what it's for.
Eugene Kosmin  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 5:38:36 PM(UTC)
Eugene Kosmin

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Hi Aaron,

We didn’t find you mail, please submit case.

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:25:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Eugene Kosmin

The Aurigma Development Team