Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Alex Makhov  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2008 8:06:11 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Groups: Member

Project information

Project name: Multiple Upload Plug-in for WordPress.
Authors: Alex Makhov, Evgeniy Kosmin, Elena Peshkova.
Project goal is to allow WordPress users upload multiple files at once.
Platform: WordPress.
Language: PHP.

Introduction

Hello,

WordPress is the one of the most popular blogging systems. Millions of people use it to create their posts. One of main WordPress features is ability to create plug-ins to extend its functionality. We decided that its very good idea to make a WordPress plug-in which would allow users upload multiple images at once to be added to their posts. Thus we have created Multiple Upload Plug-in for WordPress.

As any other WordPress plug-in, Multiple Upload plug-in does not need any additional knowledge about its internal work. You just copy it to plug-ins folder of your WordPress installation and activate it from administration panel. That's all!

Installation

1. Copy the contents of the plug-in archive (see attachments section) to the following folder:

[WordPress installation folder]\wp-content\plugins\.

As a result, Multiple Upload plug-in installation folder path will be:

[WordPress installation folder]\wp-content\plugins\aurigma-multiple-upload-plugin.

2. Copy ImageUploader5.cab, ImageUploader5.jar and iuembed.js files to the plug-in installation folder.
Here is the result list of files in plug-in installation folder:

aurmuClass.php
aurmuForm.php
aurmuMain.php
aurmuOptions.php
aurmuUpload.php
ImageUploader5.cab
ImageUploader5.jar
iuembed.js
license.txt
readme.txt

No more file-related actions needed.

3. Login as an Administrator to your WordPress.
4. Select Plugins tab. There you will see a list of plug-ins available in your WordPress. Activate Aurigma Multiple Upload Plug-In by clicking Activate link.

UserPostedImage

Actually, you may already use it. The plug-in already works but let's try to see what we can adjust in it.

Plug-in Options

Multiple Upload Plug-in has a set of options. Here is a list:

- WordPress-specific:
- Access level – WordPress user access level of this plugin usage;
- Versions and License Keys:
- Image Uploader usage:
* Enable ActiveX version of Image Uploader;
* Enable Java version of Image Uploader;
- License keys – Image Uploader license keys;
- Image Uploader version;
- Appearance and Upload:
- Preview thumbnail size;
- Upload thumbnail width;
- Upload thumbnail height;
- File mask.

These options could be changed via Options tab:

1. Login as an Administrator;
2. Go to Options;
3. Select Multiple Upload tab;
4. Change appropriate option values. If you leave any field empty, default value will be used.
5. Click Update Options button.
As a result the options will be changed.

UserPostedImage

Using Multiple Upload Plug-in

OK, so let's check it out.

1. Select Write tab. You will get to the Write Post page.
2. Enter a title and some text in appropriate boxes. Actually these are optional actions.
3. Below the main editing fields there is an upload-related tab pane. There you will find Multiple Upload tab. That is it. Click on it and you will see a control with several buttons and a pane with Drop files here message on it. That control is Aurigma Image Uploader. Add some files using one of three variants:
a. Click Add Files button and select appropriate files;
b. Click Add Folders button and select appropriate folder;
c. Drag'n'drop files to the pane.

UserPostedImage

4. Click Upload button.
5. After successful upload you will be redirected to the Browse tab where you can see the last of your uploaded files.

UserPostedImage

In Browse All tab you will see the other uploaded files.

UserPostedImage

6. In Browse tab click Send to Editor button and your image will be sent to the post editor box.
7. After finished adding your text and images, click Save button, then click View post link and enjoy the results.

UserPostedImage

Conclusion

I think it's very convenient: you just copy appropriate files to the plugins folder, click Activate link and it starts working with no additional coding from your side. No additional coding! And what you get? You get an ability to upload multiple files at a time when you are making your post on WordPress. If I had a dollar for every client request about such ability I would be rich. :)

Edited by moderator Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:29:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
IUWordPressPlugIn.zip (10kb) downloaded 787 time(s).
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
Ian  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2008 12:30:58 AM(UTC)
Ian

Hi,

This looks very useful, but the attached file does not seem to contain all the files needed, installation does not work.

Is this only for purchasers of your commerical program ?

Thanks

Ian
Andrew  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 4:13:57 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Quote:
This looks very useful, but the attached file does not seem to contain all the files needed, installation does not work.

Do you mean .cab, .jar, and iuembed.js? If yes, we did not include it to the package intentionally to avoid the necessaty to update the package every time we release Image Uploader update. So you should take these files from Image Uploader SDK which can be downloaded from Image Uploader product page.

But probably we need to write it more clear in the installation instructions.

Quote:
Is this only for purchasers of your commerical program ?

Well... At this stage you need to have Image Uploader license indeed. However if the idea of such plugin will be interesting to people enough, we will definitely make much more affordable license for it. Meanwhile you can use it with a trial version.

Also, we will not mind to give a free license for active contributors. So if you have any modifications or even just few killer ideas, go ahead, post it here. We will greatly appreciate this and will not pass it unnoticed. ;)

Edited by user Friday, February 8, 2008 5:20:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

roninxavier  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:03:37 PM(UTC)
roninxavier

Hi,

I've followed your instructions carefully and I'm pretty sure I've done everything you've mentioned. Sadly I can not get this plugin to work. I am able to activate it in Wordpress but under Options there is no Multiple Upload tab. When I write a post the Multiple Upload tab is available but when I select it I get a blank area where I believe I should be able to upload multiple files. Any suggestions Andrew or Alex or anyone else?

If you need more details feel free to ask. I will do my best to provide as much detail as you need.

Thanks

Ronin
Eugene Kosmin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:37:32 PM(UTC)
Eugene Kosmin

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Hello Ronin,

I’ve just successfully installed the plugin with the last available wordpress (2.3.3) + PHP 5.2.5.

Did you copy iuembed.js, ImageUploader5.jar and ImageUploader5.cab into the plugin folder with?

It does not work in IE or Firefox? Or both?

What version of wordpress and PHP do you use?
Best regards,
Eugene Kosmin
The Aurigma Development Team
roninxavier  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:01:50 PM(UTC)
roninxavier

Ok,

I have Wordpress 2.3.1 and PHP 5.2.5. I did include iuembed.js, ImageUploader5.jar and ImageUploader5.cab in the plugin folder with the other Multiple Upload files. It does not work with Firefox, IE and Safari.

I'll update Wordpress but my gut feeling is that Wordpress is not the problem.

Thanks

Ronin
Eugene Kosmin  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:49:38 PM(UTC)
Eugene Kosmin

I agree with you, Wordpress is not a problem. My previous WP version before the last testing was 2.3.1 too.

Did you try to make a post from admin account? If not, what was your user role?

Try to remove ImageUploader5.jar and ImageUploader5.cab files from plugin directory and try to select Multiple Upload tab from “Write Post” once again. Is there some text or still blank area?
Best regards,
Eugene Kosmin
roninxavier  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 2, 2008 11:34:17 AM(UTC)
roninxavier

Hey,

I did try as admin with the same results. I also tried removing the files you mentioned also with no results. Thanks for trying to help.

Could this be a license issue?

Thanks

Ronin

Eugene Kosmin  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 2, 2008 4:04:42 PM(UTC)
Eugene Kosmin

Hello Ronin,

What is your internet server version? IIS, apache or …?

Please try to change the first line of all plugin files from “<?php” to “<?”.

Quote:
Could this be a license issue?

It could not be license issue, because the license is checked by Image Uploader Control but not by plugin.
Best regards,
Eugene Kosmin
roninxavier  
#10 Posted : Saturday, April 5, 2008 5:53:07 AM(UTC)
roninxavier

Hi,

My host is using Apache 2.2.6 on a Linux box. I also tried the change "<?php" to "<?" with no results.

Ok so there is no license information in the jar, cab or js file? What is the defaultLicenseKey in the aurmuClass.php for?

Thanks

Ronin

Edited by user Saturday, April 5, 2008 5:54:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JohnB  
#11 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2008 7:07:37 AM(UTC)
JohnB

I tried myself and found the same issue. Blank screen. I also found after activating that there was no link under the Options tab.

Bummer
personal  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 3:26:39 AM(UTC)
personal

JohnB wrote:
I tried myself and found the same issue. Blank screen. I also found after activating that there was no link under the Options tab.

Bummer

i had the same issue, but turned out to be a permission issue, try checking your permissions