Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alpha47j  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 12:08:00 PM(UTC)
alpha47j

Groups: Member

Hi, the auto-redirect works with activeX but not with Java.

The java applet works because the images are actually uploaded and the entire upload page seems to execute. A button saying the files were uploaded appears. When I click ok.. nothing happens. However, in internet explorer with the activeX version it works perfectly redirecting the user as intended.

What could be causing this?

Here is the code i am using

Code:
iu.addParam("RedirectUrl", "editpicture.cfm");

thanks,
Jon

Edited by user Saturday, January 12, 2008 7:47:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

George Ulyanov  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 2:25:51 PM(UTC)
George Ulyanov

Hello Jon,

Check your script out - if there are some definitions of event listeners (for example: iu.addEventListener("Progress", "iuProgress");), there must be declarations of them too.
If you still have problem - feel free to let me know.
Best regards,
George Ulyanov
stevepiercy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 7:18:26 PM(UTC)
stevepiercy

I am experiencing the same issue on Mac OS X 10.4.11 with Firefox 2.0.0.11. I have the following listeners in my script:

Code:
//Add event handlers.
iu.addEventListener("UploadFileCountChange", "ImageUploader_UploadFileCountChange");
iu.addEventListener("ViewChange", "ImageUploader_ViewChange");
iu.fullPageLoadListenerName = "fullPageLoad";

The redirect fails with the IU 5.0 demo, but works with my licensed version of IU 4.5.x.

Can you explain what you mean by "there must be declarations of them too."?

Edited by user Friday, January 11, 2008 3:08:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 8:44:12 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
stevepiercy wrote:
I am experiencing the same issue on Mac OS X 10.4.11 with Firefox 2.0.0.11. I have the following listeners in my script:

Code:
//Add event handlers.
iu.addEventListener("UploadFileCountChange", "ImageUploader_UploadFileCountChange");
iu.addEventListener("ViewChange", "ImageUploader_ViewChange");
iu.fullPageLoadListenerName = "fullPageLoad";

The redirect fails with the IU 5.0 demo, but works with my licensed version of IU 4.5.x.

Can you explain what you mean by "there must be declarations of them too."?

If I understand the problem correctly, the point is that Java version does not execute JavaScript code by itself (such as redirects and events). It uses a special Java facility called LiveConnect. If for some reason LiveConnect crashes, Java applet is not able to operate with browser anyhow.

The common situation when LiveConnect get in trouble is when you specify the event listener function name but this function does not exists. When some event occurs, LiveConnect tries to call it, but since this function does not exist, it fails. After that neither event handlers nor RedirectUrl property will not work.

So for example if you have this line:

Code:

you must have a declaration of the ImageUploader_UploadFileCountChange function on the same page.

If you do have it, make sure that you have no misprints in function names. Also, if you have complicated HTML, try to avoid function code and Image Uploader initialization to be in different parts of DOM tree (especially if your HTML is malformed).

Hope this helps.

Edited by user Friday, January 11, 2008 3:09:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified