Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Beanie Man  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2007 7:57:01 AM(UTC)
Beanie Man

Groups: Member

Hi.

After reading a couple of posts it seems there are others with this issue. The period of inactivity on the client side when uploader is initially installing can be perceived as an installation failure and cause loss of custom. Especially as the the page part loads and looks as if an image has failed to load due to the image shown below.

UserPostedImage

Obviously this screen shot shows the install dialogue so the client knows something is happening but this only comes up after 15-20 seconds of showing a page which appears to have a failed image icon! Stats say that most people hit close or back within 10 seconds if nothing happening on a web page.

The home page of Aurigma sells image uploader as "the ideal uploading solution for photo print ordering sites and other ones where batch uploading by inexperienced users is important."
Duly correct...well almost... Internet users are inherently impatient and if they don't have the experience to tell them activeX components can take a little while to download then you are going to loose them.

What i ask or propose is simple. Can we have a progress bar or something just to tell the client that the software is actually downloading and the web page is not static. It doesn't even have to be accurate... just something showing movement. To me this is fundamental.

It may already be possible to do this but i doubt it as the example web pages on aurigma i have been to for example http://demo.aurigma.com/ImageUploaderWizard/ don't show a progress meter for the installation.

Please help with what i see as a major flaw in an other wise second to non image uploading program.
Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2007 7:43:06 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Groups:

Hello,

You could show some installation information or message until Image Uploader is initialized. You could show the image showing what to do. There is an event which is fired on Image Uploader initialization. It is called fullPageLoad. When this event handler is fired you could hide installation instructions and show Image Uploader itself. Please, read about fullPageLoad event in the Helper Script Reference.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:46:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!