Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Beanie Man  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2007 10:43:11 PM(UTC)
Beanie Man

Groups: Member

Hello All,

I'm new so sorry if the info i give is too vague...

Two Questions
1. How do i unistall uploader from IE7? (please read the last paragraph of this post)
2. How do i stop the pop up message shown below?

I'm using the uploader in an asp page that also handles form data from the previous page.

After the active x component is installed we get a pop up message like shown below.

UserPostedImage

If you click 'retry' the image uploader doesn't install, repeats the message and resends the gathered data. Obviously this is confusing to an ordinary user. If you click cancel the uploader will display however the problems are obvious. Loss of customers at this point is prolific.

Although the message does state 'if you were making a purchase click cancel' it also states before that it 'needs' to resend the data to display the page! This is a contradictory message typical of Microsoft. I realise this is not an aurigma problem but we need to stop this from displaying to keep our customers.

I have also had one instance in IE7 of the resulting install of image uploader asking for a system restart which is just unacceptable for end users again resulting in loss of customers.

I have to say that when image uploader works there is nothing that comes close to the quality and usability of this image uploading software but at the same time it is the most problematic and frustrating addition to our website which has a mass of automation and complex ordering which works seamlessly.

Another problem i have is uninstalling the uploader from IE7 for testing. Following the instructions on the aurigma site does not work. That is tools/Internet options/settings/view objects/highlight image uploader/delete does not work! If you then look in tools/manage addons/enable-disable addons you find that the image uploader is still there and enabled. Disabling does not work either if you are trying to test or get screen shots of a new install to show users what to expect.

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2008 11:38:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2007 7:23:06 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Groups: Member

Hello,

It seems this problem exists because you show page with Image Uploader on POST request. On first page load Internet Explorer shows only yellow information bar. If user accept installation then browser has to reload page. That's why it shows this message about data resending . I recommend you just don't use access to the page using POST request. It is the only way.

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2008 11:43:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!