Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MrPaul  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2007 1:17:49 AM(UTC)
MrPaul

Groups: Member

Hello, I have been evaluating the use of Avi Processor for a project with strict timing requirements; Everything has been working well and I am impressed with the software thus far - However when writing an AVI file, No matter what VALID Compressor I choose - It always creates the AVI using the Microsoft Video 1 Codec.

This is a problem as my output is required to be at 29.97fps, and MV1 does'nt seem to be outputting that(although that could a different problem entirely). Is this a restriction of the trial version, or am I simply using the software incorrectly?

Development Environment:

Visual Studio 2003, C#

Code:
// Example of problem
// Note: I've tried every codec on my system that has the IsValid & IsWriteable properties marked as true.
AviOUT.CreateNew("c:\\test.avi",1024,680,0);
AviOUT.FramesPerSecond = 29.97f;
AviOUT.CompressorHandler=(int)AviProcessor.CompressorHandlerConstants.XviDMpeg4Compressor; 
AviOUT.Quality=7000;

// Add some junk in here to the avi

AviOUT.Close();

Edited by user Tuesday, December 18, 2007 3:29:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MrPaul  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2007 5:42:17 AM(UTC)
MrPaul

Groups: Member

I managed to get it to work using the ShowDialog property of the AviWriter class. It does crash when certain Codecs are chosen, but the Xvid and 3ivx codecs work perfectly.
Dmitry  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2007 2:19:35 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

As I understood you develop .NET application, try to download Graphics Mill for .NET with Avi Processor add-on:

http://www.aurigma.com/Products...illdotNET/FreeTrial.aspx

As for your problem: in the most of cases Avi Processor crashes because of problems with codecs. I have tried your code - this code works perfectly on our workstation. Which version of XviD do you use?

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!