Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
revolution  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2004 6:23:00 PM(UTC)
revolution

Groups: Member

Hi folks

I've like the look of this ImageUploader but it's ActiveX and therefore only works on PC clients right? Any suggestions for same type of functionality on a Mac? (Our clients use both platforms and there would be some much trouble if the PC guys got a nice uploader and the Mac people got a nasty old form!! :P )

Cheers
Dave.
Fedor  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2004 7:22:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello Dave,

We are going to release cross-platform Java version of Image Uploader in August 2004.

API of Image Uploader for Java will be the same as its ActiveX version, so you can start with ActiveX control now, and then add support for future Java applet.

Before release of Image Uploader for Java you can use standard form elements for uploading files on other then Windows+Internet Explorer platforms.
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
praxisinc  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2004 9:33:00 AM(UTC)
praxisinc

Great News!! August 2004!!! Java Version!

I have a couple of question about the JAVA version:

1. I have bought a month ago the ActiveX version, How much will cost to upgrade to the Java Version? and how much will be the regular price?

2. The Java version will work on my current windows server where I already have the ActiveX version? or I'll have to some changes?

Thanks!

Andrew  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2004 12:45:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
> 1. I have bought a month ago the ActiveX version, How much will cost to upgrade to the Java Version? and how much will be the regular price?

The final price is still undefined, but we are going to make it on about 50% higher than ActiveX version. Those who already have ActiveX version we will provide a discount (and of course for those who purchase a bundle of both uploaders).

> 2. The Java version will work on my current windows server where I already have the ActiveX version? or I'll have to some changes?

We will try to make Java version as much compatible as possible. I think you will be able to use server-side scripts without changes.
praxisinc  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2004 1:04:00 AM(UTC)
praxisinc

My server has to support java 1.4 ifI want to run this version of the uploader, correct?

Thanks!
Fedor  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2004 2:01:00 AM(UTC)
Fedor

>>My server has to support java 1.4 ifI want to run this version of the uploader, correct?

No, it isn't correct. Image Uploader is just client-side applet which doesn't depend on server platform as well as its ActiveX version. You can use it with ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, JSP, ASP, and so on. Java 1.4 should be installed on client-side. Last MAC OS X and Linux distributions already have Java 1.4 preinstalled.

Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
praxisinc  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2004 11:11:00 PM(UTC)
praxisinc

First of all, you have an excellent product and an excellent customer service!! Keep doing it =).

I'd like to know if your Image Uploader Java version will have a watermark option?

Thanks

Fedor  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2004 11:25:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

First of all, you have an excellent product and an excellent customer service!! Keep doing it =) .

Thank you, it is very pleasant for us. :D

I'd like to know if your Image Uploader Java version will have a watermark option?

I amn't sure that it will be ready in first version of Image Uploader for Java (which will be available in the end of August), but it will definetly available lin further versions.

Some features of Image Uploader 3.0 for ActiveX will not be included in first version of Image Uploader for Java, but we will definetly add most of them in further versions.

Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov