Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
steelhead  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 9:31:59 PM(UTC)
steelhead

Groups: Member

We are having issues with Firefox (60.0.1) and Flash 29.0.0.171, using the latest version of Aurigma control. We had this code running for multiple years with no issues. It still perfectly works in Chrome but no longer in Firefox. After the Upload button is clicked, the image gets uploaded to the server but the control just sits there saying UPLOADING… even though the upload already completed successfully. Out site is using Forms authentication via cookies. Using Fiddler I can see in Chrome session that authentication cookies get posted along with the image, but no cookies in Firefox. Firefox also gets “Object moved” response to login.aspx. I suspect the issue has to do with authentication, but again the same page works perfectly in Chrome and no changes to our code for a long time.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Andrew  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2018 9:46:44 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Could you create a support ticket with the code snippet which can reproduce the problem (or post it here)? Or you can give us an access to the page where we can try to do it.
steelhead  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2018 4:37:04 PM(UTC)
steelhead

Groups: Member

The site uses ASP.NET form authentication. Here is a sample of the ASP.NET code. Again, the problem only happens in Firefox/Flash combination.

Code:
<aur:ImageUploaderFlash ID="UploaderFlash" runat="server" Visible="true" Type="flash|html" Width="700" Height="550" EnableRotation="true" EnableAutoRotation="true" LicenseKey="xxx" >
	<Messages MaxFileCountExceeded="Unable to add all selected files. You can upload up to {0} images." />
	<Converters>
		<aur:Converter Mode="*.*=SourceFile" />
	</Converters>
    <Restrictions MaxFileCount="25" MaxFileSize="104857600" FileMask="[['Images (*.jpg;*.jpeg)', '*.jpg;*.jpeg']]" />
	<UploadSettings ActionUrl="." RedirectUrl="." />
	<UploadPane ViewMode="Thumbnails" AddFilesButtonText="+ Add photos" />
	<TopPane TitleText="Photos for upload" AddFilesHyperlinkText="Add more photos" ClearAllHyperlinkText="Remove all photos" />
	<StatusPane FilesToUploadText="Photos selected: {0}" NoFilesToUploadText="No photos selected"  />
</aur:ImageUploaderFlash>

We have the <add name="UploaderModule" type="Aurigma.ImageUploaderFlash.UploaderModule" /> in web.config.

This was working fine up until ~last week, and still works in Chrome. I suspect Firefox or Flash recent upgrade.

Edited by user Monday, June 4, 2018 4:39:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 12:36:45 AM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I suspect, Firefox could prevent Flash from accessing the cookies/data of the host page due to the security reasons.

In fact, I see no reason using Flash uploader over HTML5. The latest HTML5 uploader supports all features of the Flash and it does not have any browser compatibility issues (except some really ancient IE or Safari versions, i.e. it will work fine for 99.9% of your users).

Just update to the latest version and change this part:

Type="flash|html"

to

Type="html|flash"