Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Friday  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:54:59 AM(UTC)
Friday

Groups: Member

When using IE6 in WinXP I get this text instead of the active-x control:

"Image Uploader ActiveX control is necessary to upload your files quickly and easily. You will be able to select multiple images in user-friendly interface instead of clumsy input fields with Browse button. Installation will take up to few minutes, please be patient. To install Image Uploader, please click on Information Bar. After page reloading select "Yes" when you will see control installation dialog."

But there is no information bar.

I put up your "BasicDemo"-example to test with. It doesn't run or display any information bar in IE6 on WinXP. When I try it directly without a host (had to rename the php-file to html first of course) it does run (I'm guessing IE automatically trusts applets that are on your computer?)

Example:
http://noyoudont.com/tes.../PHP/BasicDemo/index.php
Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2007 2:49:12 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

According to your page the ImageUploader4.cab file has to be in the following location:

http://noyoudont.com/tes...s/PHP/ImageUploader4.cab

But when I try to load this file manually by inserting this URL to my browser address bar the Not Found page appears so when loading the page with Image Uploader your browser is unable to get the CAB-file and shows the user the string you have specified before.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
Friday  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2007 7:42:53 AM(UTC)
Friday

Thanks. That wasn't really my code but your example, I wondered about that too but since it worked for me with IE7 I thought it was an IE6 issue. It only worked in IE7 because it had cached the active-x control though.

That information solved the issue in my real code as well though. thanks!