Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sking  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 5:21:45 AM(UTC)
sking

Groups: Member

Hi all

Based on 8.5.55 version of Upload Suite, specifcially in IE11, I have noticed something

In the localization files, for EN, as it is default, if I modify this file directly and change

maxFileSizeExceeded: "The file '[name]' cannot be selected. This file size exceeds the limit.",

to

maxFileSizeExceeded: "Something '[name]' cannot be selected. This file size exceeds the limit.",

When I re-visit the web page, having already removed the ocx file from C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files - the change above is not being reflected, it still says "The file '[name]' cannot be selected. This file size exceeds the limit." instead of my expected change

Any thoughts?

Andrew  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2016 12:07:31 AM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Do you apply the localization file as explained ?

Note, if you just change the content of the aurigma.uploader.en_localization.js file, it won't automatically reflect the changes. You should:

1. Link the localization file to your page:

Code:
<script src="aur8.5.55/aurigma.uploader.en_localization.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

This scripts imports the en_localization object with all string values (in the scope of the window).

2. Apply these strings by calling this code after the uploader is initialized:

Code:

var uploader = $au.uploader('your_uploader_id');
uploader.set(en_localization);

If you still have any problems, please post your code with the uploader settings.

Edited by user Friday, September 2, 2016 12:09:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sking  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 5:52:53 AM(UTC)
sking

Hi Andrew

Yes I am referencing the localisation files as per your sample above - however I am not setting the locale as per your second sample - I am wondering why would that be necessary, since the uploader is already showing English text strings

Also I attempted to do the following:

maxFileSizeExceeded: 'Sample new message'
}

But that does not seem to work either

Edited by user Monday, September 5, 2016 6:15:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 10:49:11 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi Peter,

ActiveX control has its own default values within the .ocx file. They are the same as in the en.js file. However, they are not automatically loaded from the en.js file - if you change the default texts, you have to apply the en.js explicitly.

In fact, the uploader.set(en_localization) line is a shortcode for a manual modification of all text strings. The en_localization object is a JSON with all text related params, so it is the same as if you create the uploader like this:

Code:
var upldr = $au.uploader(    
     // ... 
     addFilesProgressDialog: {
        text: "Adding files to upload list..."
    },
    commonDialog: {
        cancelButtonText: "Cancel",
        okButtonText: "OK"
    },
    descriptionEditor: {
        cancelButtonText: "Cancel",
        saveButtonText: "Save"
    },
    imagePreviewWindow: {
        closePreviewTooltip: "Click to close"
    },
        cannotReadFile: "Cannot read file: {0}.",
        dimensionsTooLarge: "Dimensions of '{0}' are too large, the file wasn't added. Maximum allowed image dimensions are {1}x{2} pixels.",
        dimensionsTooSmall: "Dimensions of '{0}' are too small, the file wasn't added. Minimum allowed image dimensions are {1}x{2} pixels.",
        fileNameNotAllowed: "The file '{0}' cannot be added. This file has inadmissible name.",
		fileSizeTooSmall: "Size of '{0}' is too small to be added. Minimum allowed size is {1}.",
        filesNotAdded: "{0} files were not added due to restrictions of the site.",
        maxFileCountExceeded: "Not all files were added. You allowed to upload no more than {0} file(s).",
        maxFileSizeExceeded: "Size of '{0}' is too large to be added. Maximum allowed size is {1}.",
        maxTotalFileSizeExceeded: "Not all files were added. Maximum total file size ({0}) was exceeded.",
        previewNotAvailable: "Preview is not available",
        tooFewFiles: "At least {0} files should be selected to start upload."
    },
    // etc
);

I have just tried to apply the following settings:

Code:

// ...
      restrictions: {
	maxFileSize: 1000,
      },
        maxFileSizeExceeded: "Something '[name]' cannot be selected. This file size exceeds the limit.",
      },
// ...

Whenever I try to select a file, it shows the Something '1.jpg' cannot be selected. This file size exceeds the limit.. So if you still cannot change the text, please post here a full snippet with params so that I could try to reproduce the problem.
sking  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2016 12:22:50 AM(UTC)
sking

Hi Andrew - all is good now :) much appreciated for all the help