Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dbevis  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2016 7:47:16 AM(UTC)
dbevis

Groups: Member

I read the sticky about the limitation on redirect necessitating a new tab owing to IOS limitations.

What I'm asking though is, can Up simply go away and present me the same Safari window that invoked it?

All I've been able to do is not specify the redirect parameter in my URL which leaves Up visible after the upload completes. But neither just closing Up nor a 'Left swipe' scrolls me back to the Safari page, they open a new tab.

My issue is that my page that Up is invoked from has done some javascript manipulation of the page so simple opening up a new tab gives the user a page without those changes presented.

Any other 'trick' I can employ to get back to where I came from?

Andrew  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2016 11:15:14 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Unfortunately, we don't control what tab it opens. Aurigma Up and the browser are completely independent apps and they don't have any access to each other.

However I noticed that iOS (at least the latest one) is smart enough to re-use the Safari tab initially used to open Aurigma Up if the URL of this tab is the same as redirect URL param (most likely, the query string may vary, but I did not check this).

So it makes sense to consider re-organizing your file management section and put the button which opens Aurigma Up on the same page where you want to redirect a user to.

Hope this makes sense.

dbevis  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2016 7:52:24 AM(UTC)
dbevis

Groups: Member

It was fairly trivial to add url params to get my page to the previous state when the new tab opens, so I did that to resolve this issue. Still, it keeps stacking up new tabs after each upload. Annoying but tolerable.
Andrew  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2016 4:04:39 AM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Do you mean that the page with the "Open Aurigma Up" button is, say, on http://www.example.com/upload.php, and if you specify http://www.example.com/upload.php as a redirect URL, after the upload completes, it opens a new tab?