Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wolffy76  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2007 4:34:22 AM(UTC)
wolffy76

Groups: Member

I have been receiving negative feedback regarding my end user experience when they first hit the page that requires the Image Uploader Control to be downloaded and installed.

I have seen this concern in previous posts but the solutions provided really do not solve the problem. The 2 solutions provided involve the FullPageLoad and the Init.Complete events. Those events do not account for the time between when the Page detects that the User does not have the Active X installed and when the Browser Prompts for Install.

This is what I was thinking...

1) I need an event to trigger when it is discovered that the current user does not have the control installed. Possibly show an animated gif in a div stating "Please wait while ........ etc".

2) Once the browser is ready to display the "Active X Security Warning" another event should be fired to hide the animated gif div.

My users think that there is something wrong when they first hit the page and nothings happens for a few seconds... I need something to assure them that they should wait...etc...

I am not sure if I am expressing my concern correctly but any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2007 2:16:33 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Groups: Member

Hello,

There is no universal way to recognize if Image Uploader is installed on the client machine. There are some workarounds which usually work for specific type of the browser and event specific version. The way of using the fullPageLoad event is universal and works on any browser supported by Image Uploader.
As about event triggering the only one object who can do it is Image Uploader but while it is installed there is no Image Uploader on the client machine so no event can be fired.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!