Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
merk  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 1:36:56 AM(UTC)
merk

Groups: Member

Hello,

I was having problems getting the html5 version working - actually not sure if it was a problem (only saving the first file) with the uploader or my processing script (action url) so i decided to switch it to use the flash version just to see if it worked any better. But it's worse.

When i add a few files and click on upload, i get the error in my subject

When i look at my source code, the flashvars value is:

<param name="flashvars" value="licenseKey=&amp;initcompletelistener=__initComplete_ae7895ae9de448d5b764b2f47c231324&amp;actionUrl=uploadTester.asp?path=D:\Work\family\website2\committee_files\&amp;loc=localhost/committee-template.asp&amp;cp=Camp Captain&amp;debugMode=false&amp;traceToJS=true&amp;controlId=Uploader1">

Can someone tell me what I need to do to make this work?

Andrew  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 3:58:31 AM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
It looks like you load Flash uploader instead of HTML5. As far as I remember, it does not allow certain characters (like, say, slashes) in the action URL.

So we should fix two problems:

1. Figure out why it loads Flash uploader while you expect HTML5. Could you post here your code snippet with params? What is your browser?

2. If you need uploading using both HTML5 and Flash (for example, if you need to support old browsers), consider removing the path from query string. Instead, you can pass it to the server using addCustomField(key, value, overwriteExisting) method of the uploader.

thanks 1 user thanked Andrew for this useful post.
merk on 2/10/2015(UTC)
merk  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:04:23 PM(UTC)
merk

Groups: Member

Thanks for the reply. You misunderstood one thing - i WAS trying to use the flash uploader. I was just testing it out. So it's not a mistake that it was using flash.

Thanks for the link to addCustomField - if i need to go back to the flash uploader I'll be able to use that. Thanks

Andrew  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:19:58 AM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Oh, sorry, I read your initial post too fast. :-)

Could you please clarify what particular issues you have with HTML5 uploader? Probably we could help you with it.