Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TheLostProgrammer  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2006 12:12:02 AM(UTC)
TheLostProgrammer

Groups: Member

I have one issue that I seem to be unable to get past. The issue is an error I receive when processing AVI files that have been generated with Pinnacles Studio 10.5 as well as other programs.

I have successfully worked with other AVI files but in testing my application with a range of AVI files I found some were giving the message “CANNOT DECOMPRESS AVI FILE CONTENT. Install corresponding compressor.”. I have looked around and from what I can tell I have what I need to work with this file. I loaded Studio 10.5 on my machine and even pulled the video off the camera again but could not decompress. The AVI files play fine in media players, and actually the soundtrack can be lifted from the AVI file using your tool. I simply cannot get the video to come out. The files I have been working with are in the order of 100-150 megabytes. Mostly I’m attempting to use your tool to watermark, and then programmatically add headers and trailers and strip the soundtrack to shrink the files a bit.

I have used other tools to write an application to capture my own AVI off my camera and found that your application will read, process and write those files back out without trouble.

Any suggestions on how to proceed from here?