Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
quacka  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2006 12:08:23 PM(UTC)
quacka

Groups: Member

Hi,

We are expecting about 30-40 concurrent users uploading images of about 30-40MB in total. How much memory do you think I need on this machine?
Fedor  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2006 3:35:40 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Quote:
quacka (8/22/2006)
Hi,

We are expecting about 30-40 concurrent users uploading images of about 30-40MB in total. How much memory do you think I need on this machine?

At that time as ASP.NET 1.x loads entire request in memory, ASP.NET 2.0 supports dumping it to disk.

You can specify in RequestLengthDiskThreshold parameter the input-stream buffering threshold:

Code:
<httpRuntime requestLengthDiskThreshold = "256" />

In this case ASP.NET will not use more then 256 kb memory per user to store the uploaded data.

However except uploaded data ASP.NET requires some additional memory to process request (for ASP.NET runtime, page, control, and many other objects). I don't know how much, but I think, it is not megabytes per user. So way I think that usual 512-1024 mb server memory will be more than enough, but in any case you should test and check it.

On other side Image Uploader you can reduce the load on server using Multiple Requests Mode. In this case you will reduce the average upload session life time.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:51:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov