Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shirai  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2004 7:35:00 AM(UTC)
shirai

Groups:

I'm using MSIE on Windows 2000. I'm currently testing with your demo and have found this bug.

I open a window with your component in it to do uploads. If the images are still loading from a directory and I click the close window button (the "X"), the window will not close and I get a "ding" noise instead (you know the one). If I switch to a directory with only one image in it (i.e.. all images loads quickly), then the images are all loaded and I can close the window. I can never close the browser window when the images are still loading.

This bug also appears sometimes even when all the images are loaded. For example, in the folder with a single image, sometimes I can't close the window. This is inconsistent though, I can't make it happen all the time and I'm not sure what causes it.

It appears that there is some sort of threading issue where when the thread that loads the images in is still working, the window can't be closed.

Since my image upload appears in a popup, this is a somewhat serious issue since people will close the popup if they change their mind about the upload.

By the way, I love your support forums and your fast email responses. I can't wait to have your code integrated into our website.
Andrew  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2004 1:25:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
As Image Uploader displays progress dialog which is modal, user should cancel upload to close the browser window. So you should use silent mode if you want to close IE during upload. In this case you should implement custom progress bar. Silent mode is enabled with param:

As for this problem:

> This bug also appears sometimes even when all the images are loaded. For example, in the folder with a single image, sometimes I can't close the window. This is inconsistent though, I can't make it happen all the time and I'm not sure what causes it.

it seems "Upload complete" message box appears behind the window... Try to use silent mode.

By the way, pre-release version of Image Uploader 2.0 is available, please try it (View post). I guess you like it more than current version.
shirai  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2004 5:56:00 PM(UTC)
shirai

Groups:

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, I wasn't referring to *uploading* images. I was referring to when the thumbnail images are loading into the window. For example, if I open a directory with lots of images, it takes maybe a minute for the thumbnails to be generated. During the time that the thumbnails are being generated, if I close the window that Image Uploader is in, the browser will "ding!" and prevent me from closing it. At this point, I haven't clicked the "Send" button yet.

As I mentioned in the other post, I got around this by creating a button that when clicked sends a "stop()" command which stopped the thumbnail generation. I then implemented a delay and then closed the window 100 ms afterwords. This worked for me.

Sunny

p.s. thanks for the quick responses.
Andrew  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2004 9:32:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Anyway, try version 2.0. It should work even without workaround.