Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jack  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 1, 2006 1:50:57 AM(UTC)
Jack

Groups: Member

Hello,

First time I'm using this software. I would like to create a .Net webpage where the user could load his local file images and changes the colorspace and some other image attributes. I would like all job to be done on the client side (using the activex component). Finally the user will upload the image with the parameters he has select.

Is it possible? Or all the job has to be done on the server side?

The idea behind to use client side is performance. How many server resources will consume the Graphics Mill software running on the web server?

In this case is it better to use the .Net version or the ActiveX one?

Cheers,
Eduard.
Andrew  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 2, 2006 6:07:30 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi Eduard,

Graphics Mill was not designed to be used in the client-side HTML code. It has a large size and was not tested well in such environment. However you can try to create a CAB file with Graphics Mill files and use it in JavaScript.

If you decide to use it on the server-side, I recommend you to take a look on our product PhotoEditor. Or if you find that its features are not what you are looking for, you can use web controls of Graphics Mill for .NET to build AJAX-based user interface for server-side image editing. Here you can find online demos:

http://www.aurigma.com/Products...lldotNET/OnlineDemo.aspx

As for performance, when you process images on server, all operations are made on a small preview (as it done in PhotoEditor). Original image is modified only once - when the user accepts changes. That's why the performance is not too poor (although it depends on specific imaging operations you use, server hardware, number of concurrent users, and a number of other factors).

By the way, should your users be able to modify the image more than once? If yes, server-side processing would be more convenient, because it does not require to download the image and upload it again.