Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jneyens  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:52:43 PM(UTC)
jneyens

Groups: Member

Hello,

We have been using Image Uploader (Java version 2.x and ActiveX version 4.x) for a long time now and without changing anything, it has stopped working.

In Firefox (2 and 3) we get a "The evaluation period has expired. To register Image Uploader go to http://www.aurigma.com." message when trying to upload an image.

In Internet Explorer (7), the ActiveX is all of a sudden no longer installed and it refuses to reïnstall itself.

We have this problem in all the sites in which we have included Image Uploader, even in sites that haven't been updated in months and were working fine before.

What can this be?

Kind regards.

Fedor  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:03:27 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello,

Quote:
We have been using Image Uploader (Java version 2.x and ActiveX version 4.x) for a long time now and without changing anything, it has stopped working.

In Firefox (2 and 3) we get a "The evaluation period has expired. To register Image Uploader go to http://www.aurigma.com." message when trying to upload an image.

As for Java version I have replied you in your support case.

In short, when you have multiple keys you should specify them separated with semicolon:

iu.addParam("LicenseKey", "xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx;xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx");

Quote:
In Internet Explorer (7), the ActiveX is all of a sudden no longer installed and it refuses to reïnstall itself.

Please read this post about Killbit:

http://forums.aurigma.com/yaf_p...ge-Uploader-ActiveX.aspx

It should help.

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

jneyens  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:40:23 PM(UTC)
jneyens

Hi Fedor,

Thanks for the reply.

The Firefox problem has been solved by putting the two license keys in one statement.

I have read the post about Killbit and I have put the correct 4.7 file on our webserver, cleared my Internet Explorer cache, removed all installed ActiveX controls and restarted the browser but unfortunately, the problem stays the same. I get no yellow bar asking me to install the ActiveX control.

Fedor  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:48:40 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Have you updated iuembed.js? This contains control CLSIDs which also were changed.
Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

jneyens  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2008 8:14:02 PM(UTC)
jneyens

Thanks for the tip Fedor. I have cleared my temporary internet files and my cache and not everything seems to be working fine!