Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
paulmckillop  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2008 3:13:20 AM(UTC)
paulmckillop

Groups: Member

Hi,

We use the Two Panes layout with a ShellComboBox and this issue is with the ActiveX version (we do not currently use the java version at all). We are using version 5.1 now, and we have used ImageUploader since Feb 2007 with success.

I took a support call from one of our clients today, but could not fix the issue over the phone. Either the client was giving me a poor description, or something strange was happening, so I drove to the client's office to have a look myself. It turned out that it had installed seemingly fine (they installed it for the first time on that machine today), but that no sub-folders of root folders were displaying at all, so they were unable to navigate to the require folder of images.

The ShellComboBox let me choose a variety of 'root' folders, from the 'Local Disk (C:)' to 4 or 5 other networked drives, and also My Documents, My Pictures, Desktop, My Computer, Network Places etc. But when I selected any of these folders, never did a sub-folder display inside ImageUploader, only image files in the root folders displayed. I have set the component to only display image files, not .doc etc, but sub-folders have always displayed fine on other machines, this is the first time I've seen this issue.

The machine was Windows 2000 with SP4 and the browser was IE6 SP1. I tried another machine in the office, XP with IE7 and it installed and worked perfect. I then found another Windows 2000 machine with the same build of OS and browser, installed ImageUploader and found the same problem with the sub-folders not showing.

I restarted the first machine, checked the permissions on folders, created a test sub-folder on a root folder and played about with the permissions in windows, but could not get ImageUploader to recognise the sub-folder.

Is this a known issue? And, more importantly, is there a known solution? :)

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

PAUL.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 6, 2008 3:14:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Eugene Kosmin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2008 12:41:57 PM(UTC)
Eugene Kosmin

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Hello Paul,

Thanks for a bug reporting, I have reproduced an issue successfully and added information to our bug tracking system.

The fix will be available in the future releases.

Best regards,

Eugene Kosmin

The Aurigma Development Team

paulmckillop  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 9, 2008 9:23:14 PM(UTC)
paulmckillop

Hi,

When you reproduced the issue, was it on the same version of Windows 2000 and IE6? Is it with all versions of Windows 2000?

What should I tell my client in terms of when this might be fixed? Or are there any test things I can try in order to get it to work, or is it definitely an issue within your system that can only be fixed with an update to your system? And was this an issue in version 4.x?

Regards,

PAUL.

patrice.cyr@cigm.qc.ca  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:05:38 PM(UTC)
patrice.cyr@cigm.qc.ca

Eugene Kosmin wrote:
Hello Paul,

Thanks for a bug reporting, I have reproduced an issue successfully and added information to our bug tracking system.

The fix will be available in the future releases.

Hi, I have the same problem with Win2000 users, when is the fix/future release will be released ?

Thank you

Eugene Kosmin  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2008 1:11:55 PM(UTC)
Eugene Kosmin

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Hi,

We are planning to release next version in the nearest future, but we cannot define exactly date yet.

If you need this fix urgently you can add support case and we’ll send you fixed version.

Best regards,

Eugene Kosmin

The Aurigma Development Team