Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shawno  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 7:01:47 PM(UTC)
shawno

Groups: Member

Hey guys,

Not sure if any one else has experienced this but we have installed v5.1 onto a test page.

Using Windows XP with FF v2.0.0.14 the uploader does NOT work (page loads but images do NOT appear when you click on the directory in the left hand menu).

However if we use Windows XP with FF v2.0.0.4 the uploader DOES work (page loads but images DO appear when you click on the directory in the left hand menu).

UPDATE: on another PC running Windows XP with FF v.2.0.0.14 the page loads and images appear however when you select image and press "Upload" button they see:

'Loading Java Applet Failed' message in the status line

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Cheers

PS - we are using the dual 5.1 and Active X version works fine (windows XP)

PPS - we notice that your test page http://demo.aurigma.com/...5/BasicDemo/default.aspx is only using 5.0.45 version - not 5.1

Edited by user Monday, April 21, 2008 8:21:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

shawno  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2008 9:51:15 PM(UTC)
shawno

Bump
George Ulyanov  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2008 12:33:11 PM(UTC)
George Ulyanov

Hello,

Could you provide the direct link to the page where you experienced this problem? (You can send the link via PM).

Best regards,
George Ulyanov
shawno  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2008 8:37:11 PM(UTC)
shawno

Thanks George,

PM has been sent.

Cheers
shawno  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2008 3:02:46 AM(UTC)
shawno

Hi George,

Any progress on this?

We've started to receive emails from some of our existing users (using IE) that the current v4.x of the uploader is starting to fail (the uploader is not installing and they are repeatedly being asked to keep installing the file...but it never works) - however when they tried using the new v5.x uploader (on a trial URL) it works ok (but when they go back to v4.x it does not.

The only reason why we can't move over to v5.x for our entire site is for those FF issues we have reported above.

Can you confirm that you have experienced the same issues with the details i provided in my PM a few days ago? If so, do you have any idea of when a fix will be made available to all Aurigma v5.x users?

Cheers

Edited by user Wednesday, April 30, 2008 9:42:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

shawno  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 7:25:07 PM(UTC)
shawno

Bump
shawno  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 26, 2008 10:17:51 PM(UTC)
shawno

Bump
Eugene Kosmin  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2008 2:12:00 PM(UTC)
Eugene Kosmin

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Hi,

Sorry for the long delay…

What were JRE versions on your testing machines? I reproduced the issue with not appearing images with JRE 1.4, FF 2.0.0.14 and IU 5.1.10. This is issue and I have added it to our bug tracking system, but I think it’s better to update your JRE: 1.4 is rather old and fixing this problem will take some time. With later JREs (1.5.0.9, 1.6.0.0, 1.6.0.5) I didn’t experience this problem.

As for second problem, I could not reproduce it as you described, but there is one known issue (the fix will be in the next release) with additional form name and Send method. Please try to comment additional form name property on your page and test it once again. Please let me know about results.

If you are using Image Uploader ActiveX 4.x older than 4.7 such problem might occur. We had security issue and the last versions of Image Uploader contains kill bit with CLSIDs of all unsafe versions of Image Uploader, including IU 4.6 and earlier. So, you just need to update your IU 4.x to the latest IU 4.7 available from Legacy Download.
Best regards,
Eugene Kosmin
The Aurigma Development Team
shawno  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2008 2:18:36 PM(UTC)
shawno

Hey Eugene,

Thanks for getting back to us and thanks for the update.

So you know we are using dual v5.1.

As for the second problem I will have our programmers look into this and PM with the results.

Thanks