Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
manish  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2006 1:31:46 PM(UTC)
manish

Groups: Member

Hi,

I am using ActiveX ImageUploader 3.5.

When I am trying to upload image, I am getting following error message: "Image Uploader encountered some problem. If you see this message, please contact web master". The behaviour is bit random. Sometime it shows error sometimes it just works fine. I am not able to track any common pattern when it shows error.

I am using Tomcat, java on server side. My server log is showing following error:

Code:
Mar 13, 2006 5:45:58 PM org.apache.struts.upload.CommonsMultipartRequestHandler handleRequest
SEVERE: Failed to parse multipart request
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: Processing of multipart/form-data request failed. Stream ended unexpectedly
        at org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.java:429)
        at org.apache.struts.upload.CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.handleRequest(CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.java:193)
        at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:443)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.java:805)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:203)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1194)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)

Please let me who I can resolve this issue.

Appreciate your time and support

Thanks,

Manish Agrawal

www.picsquare.com

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:01:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2006 5:15:44 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Groups: Administration

Hello,

It looks like the connection to your server has been lost. Try to set the ShowDebugWindow property value to true and watch if there was any result page from your server. Also try to upload data with another Uploader, i.e. Image Uploader for Java if you are using Image Uploader for ActiveX and vice versa.

Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

manish  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:42:13 AM(UTC)
manish

Hi,

Does the result page will show up only when there is a error. I have the ShowDebugWindow to true.. but so far for all the successful attempt it has not shown anything.

That's the problem, it has become inconsistent.. I am trying to replicate the state where it doesn't work.

Does it have anything to do with concurrent number of connection at server?

Thanks.

Manish

Alex Makhov  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:49:29 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

Quote:
Does it have anything to do with concurrent number of connection at server?

No, files are uploaded by using only one connection in the current versions of Image Uploaders. Better check the maximum upload size allowed in your server. Usually server closes the connection while uploading in case of amount of data is bigger than max upload size specified in configuration file.

Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov

manish  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2006 1:31:40 PM(UTC)
manish

Hi,

The maximum file size of a single file is set to 12MB. It is showing error even for smaller file. After trying for 2-3 times it uploads the same file for which it had shown error.

After turning ShowDebugWindow, I am getting this message "some server side error occured".

If you are familiar or some one in your team is familiar with Java-Struts, in the config file where I am defining maximum file size there is another parameter called bufferSize, which defines the available input buffer when uploading files. The bufferSize is set to 12K. Does image uploader has any buffer size requirement?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Manish

Alex Makhov  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:17:33 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

Quote:
Does image uploader has any buffer size requirement?

No.

Could you give us the link to your site to test it? You could send it in private message ;)

Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov