Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gavphillips  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2008 8:02:38 PM(UTC)
gavphillips

Groups: Member

Hi,

I have very recently upgraded my installation of the Dual Uploader to version 5 and since then I have received a report of a fault from one of my customers that have a configuration of a Mac and the Safari web browser.

My installation of the uploader creates 2 images one at 125x125 pixels and one at 400x400. However, the generation of the larger image is corrupt, one time it came out all black at 400x400 the next time it came out at 16x16pixels and still black.

I am unable to test this myself with a MAC and safari as I don't have one, however using Java in Firefox and Active X in IE it works fine. I have asked them to try it on different machines just in case the problem was localised to just one machine but the problem exists on all of their MAC machines.

Any thoughts on how this might be fixed, this wasn't a problem for them prior to me upgrading to version 5 this week.

Many Thanks
Gav
George Ulyanov  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 6:32:14 PM(UTC)
George Ulyanov

Hello,

Could you provide me the direct link to your web page (and login + password, if needed) for testing?

Best regards,
George Ulyanov
gavphillips  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2008 6:25:10 PM(UTC)
gavphillips

Hi,

I have had to revert back to the previous version of the uploader for now in order to not alienate my customers that are MAC users. However, I have created a test page which mimics the page that my customers were having problems with, I am unable to test this myself as I do not have a MAC but you could have a try here ( http://www.everybodysmil...z/testdir/upload_tester/) . I believe this problem to be the same as reported in a similar post and would be grateful if you could have a look ASAP.
Thanks Gav
Ali Watters  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2008 2:24:01 AM(UTC)
Ali Watters

http://forums.aurigma.co...generation-problems.aspx

Yep - that's the same problems I had with version 5 - and posted on the 7th of January.

Still waiting for a fix.... the very least that could be done is post a note on the blog or download page so that new customers don't run into this problem - which is basically a key feature for any community/social networking site.

George Ulyanov  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2008 12:19:21 PM(UTC)
George Ulyanov

Hello Gav,

Please, could you make RedirectUrl property active (it's commented out now)? I need to test this issue on your script, because reproducing it on my site gave nothing (thumbnails generated successfully with no black squares appearance).
Best regards,
George Ulyanov
gavphillips  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2008 6:05:22 PM(UTC)
gavphillips

Hi,

The reason the redirect url is commented out is because this page has been created as a test page only for the uploader. When I use it in a live situation the redirect url will give my users an option to deal with the images once they have been successfully uploaded, this isn't relevant for just the test page as I imagine the problem we are experiencing is part of the Java applet and not anything that happens after the images have been processed and uploaded. You could view the uploaded images by viewing the full path e.g:http://www.everybodysmile.biz/testdir/upload_tester/1098096.jpg

I hope this helps and that we can get a solution to this problem soon.

Many Thanks
Gav
George Ulyanov  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:57:41 PM(UTC)
George Ulyanov

Hello Gav,

Everything's ok. I've tested your script on:

Mac OS X 10.4.6
Safari 2.0.3
JRE 1.4.2_07

Could you ask the user to give the same information about his machine? If it's possible of course.
Best regards,
George Ulyanov
gavphillips  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:22:06 PM(UTC)
gavphillips

Hi,

Thanks for looking at this, I've checked the images that you have sent across and one of them is in fact showing the symptoms that have been described in this thread and a previous thread.

The first image is fine ( http://www.everybodysmil...load_tester/img_1551.jpg )

But this one ( http://www.everybodysmil...load_tester/img_3441.jpg ) is showing the 16x16 pixel image problem.

Before I go back to my customers to find out their set-up it seems that your mac/safari set-up is able to reproduce the problem.

Are you now able to look into this further?

Many Thanks
Gav
George Ulyanov  
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:33:15 AM(UTC)
George Ulyanov

Hello,

This is a system icon, not a black square :)

Well, actually, sometimes Image Uploader for Java is unable to generate thumbnails for an image. For these cases we've made some "helper" properties. Here one of them, that may help:

UploadThumbnail1CompressionMode.

By default, this property has: "*.*=Jpeg", so Image Uploader will try to generate thumbnails and if this generation fails - it'll return system icon.
But, you can set something like that: "*.*=Jpeg,SourceFile". In this case Image Uploader will try to generate thumbnails and if this fails - it'll return original image. So you'll get an original image instead of this "black squared icon" :)

By the way, when the Uploader cannot get thumbnail for the image, it returns info about this bad-event in the POST request: field "ThumbnailXSucceeded_N" will be set in "false".

(You can read about POST fields here).

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:12:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
George Ulyanov
gavphillips  
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:08:43 PM(UTC)
gavphillips

Hi,

That's all very well but something has changed between version 4 and the most recent version that has caused this to happen. My customer never had any problems before but as soon as I upgraded to the new version this problem started occurring for them. It's not always the 16x16 pixel problem another customer just had a black square which was the size the image should have been. I must re-iterate this only happens for MAC customers using Java.

At the moment I have paid for the latest version which I am still unable to use due to me having to revert back to version 4! Is there something you can do to fix this please??

Thanks