Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kev3232  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2006 7:14:42 AM(UTC)
Kev3232

Groups: Member

I have read (in passing) a few posts that suggest Image Uploader for Java can display TIFF formatted images if Java 1.5 is installed. Is this correct? I never could get it to work.

Would it be possible for you to enhance the Java component to display TIFF thumbnails by using Quicktime for Java? We have a Java component that displays TIFF thumbnails by using this technique. It is fairly straightforward to detect Quicktime for Java on the user's computer, and since your component is signed there shouldn't be any permission issues.

Your ActiveX component works great on Windows PCs. Since Quicktime is almost universally installed on the Macs, this could be a great way to enhance your position on OS X. (Plus, we use your components because of their TIFF thumbnail abilities and any enhancements in this area are very welcome :D ).

If you would like an expanded description please let me know. Java applets don't seem to have adequate resource allocations (especially RAM) to handle something like TIFF thumbnail rendering, and Quicktime for Java has worked well for us.

Thanks.

Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2006 6:24:04 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Groups: Member

Hello,

We have added the QuickTime support feature to our task list and it will be implemented in future versions of Image Uploader for Java.

Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!