Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wbatchler  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:04:01 AM(UTC)
wbatchler

Groups: Member

Im evaluating ImageLoader and have it setup on my Windows 2003 server. Im testing using the samples provided, specifically the ASP version of the OpenFileDialog sample which seems to be the closest to what I want to accomplish. I open the default.asp on my workstation running WinXP SP2 with IE7 and get the following text:

Image Uploader ActiveX control is necessary to upload your files quickly and easily. You will be able to select multiple images in user-friendly interface instead of clumsy input fields with Browse button. Installation will take up to few minutes, please be patient. To install Image Uploader, please click on the Information Bar and select Install ActiveX Control from the dropdown menu. After page reload click Install when you see the control installation dialog.

NOTE: If control fails to be installed, it may mean that it has been inserted to the page incorrectly. Refer Image Uploader documentation for more details.

These text blocks show up twice actually along with the 4 navigation buttons Back, Up, Thumbnails & Details as well as the OutlookBar type control on the left hand side. The OLBar has two buttons at the bottom, Select All & Upload, but none of the location buttons like My Documents, My Computer, etc.

I am trying to use Java only, no ActiveX. In the default.asp file Ive made the necessary edits to REM out the ActiveX code and to point to the ImageLoader5.jar file.

I also tested on the same workstation using Firefox and the page appears to display correctly even though it wont actually let me upload anything, apparently because it's a trial version.

On IE, the site Im testing from is classified as a Trusted Site and has Medium-Low security so loading the Java Applet shouldn't be a problem, in fact I can run other Java applets.

When I open the page in IE it initially displays a picture placeholder with small graphic icon in the top left-hand corner, but that quickly disappears. I dont get a the typical red "x" icon either. I dont get prompted to load the Java applet either.

Ive looked through the t-shooting section of the documentation, but couldn't find anything helpful. Any ideas?

Also, is there a way to get an eval version that will actually upload files? Maybe with a size or count limit, but enough I can verify it works as advertised?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2008 4:30:04 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

It looks like there are some problems with ImageUploader5.jar file loading process. Your browser is unable to get this file from the server. You should check if your server allows ImageUploader5.jar file loading from the server. Also please, send the Java console dump for us to ensure if this is really the cause of the problem.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
stevewagner  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2008 9:03:06 AM(UTC)
stevewagner

I've exact the same problem:

i want to rum the java version on ie7. runs well in firefox, but ie 7 always shows following message

Image Uploader ActiveX control is necessary to upload your files ... ...

as its running in firefox, the paths and params should be fine. i also checked my security level which allows java scripts to be run.

and the java console of ie7 doesnt show any errors...
stevewagner  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2008 9:25:08 AM(UTC)
stevewagner

lol, im too dump to read, just fixed it:

iu.javaAppletEnabled = true;
iu.javaAppletCodeBase = "externals/uploader/";
iu.javaAppletCached = true;
iu.javaAppletVersion = "5.0.15.0";
iu.activeXControlEnabled = false;

chears, steve
Alex Makhov  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2008 2:33:56 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

OK,
Thay you done is just disabled Image Uploader for ActiveX version usage. We do not usually recommend to do that because ActiveX version usually works faster and more reliable. But that's your choice.
To make Image Uploader for ActiveX installed successfully you should do correctly two things:

1) Ensure that ImageUploader5.cab file is available to be downloaded from the server to the clients machine;

2) Ensure that ImageUploaderWirter.activeXControlCodeBase property specifies the correct ImageUploader5.cab file location.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
wbatchler  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2008 11:41:45 PM(UTC)
wbatchler

Thanks steve. That got the Java app to at least load but it's very slow and locks up both IE and Firefox ALOT. So I took your advice Alex and enabled the ActiveX controls and it seems to work much quicker but it doesn't seem to actually want to upload anything. Is this a limitation in the eval version? It gives a message "This is a trial version. It can be used in eval process only." Then a progress bar pops up and it acts like its trying to upload the file(s), but it estimated time to upload just keeps getting longer and longer, so it doesn't appear to be working correctly. Im trying to upload fairly small files, 100-175k, as a test.
wbatchler  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2008 12:09:53 AM(UTC)
wbatchler

Nevermind, I figured out the problem. Helps to actually install one of the upload controls.