Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
codesmithsf  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2007 2:37:00 AM(UTC)
codesmithsf

Groups: Member

After doing more testing on Windows XP Firefox I found that the uploader was acting very slowly or not at all on any directory change or trying to add files. Following an earlier post I commented out the:

Code:
		iu.addEventListener("UploadFileCountChange", "ImageUploader_UploadFileCountChange");
		iu.addEventListener("ViewChange", "ImageUploader_ViewChange");
		iu.fullPageLoadListenerName = "fullPageLoad";

and it works ok again. But now Firefox users don't see the file number and size limits which is bad. Is this a known problem in Firefox? When's the expected fix?

Thanks,

Justin

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2008 3:43:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2007 9:00:23 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello Justin,

We are always trying to make our applications as fast as possible. Java to JavaScript always works not as fast as we would like it to be. So there should be some compromise to make the page with Image Uploader work faster.

Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

codesmith  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2007 4:02:12 AM(UTC)
codesmith

Thanks for the reply but not sure I understand you and perhaps I wasn't clear. If those event listeners are used, Firefox on a PC becomes unusable. From a directory with just 5 images - I drag an image over and wait.... perhaps a couple of minutes. It's pretty unusable. Will a fix for this be coming along? Does the 5.x version work better?
Alex Makhov  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2007 12:25:24 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

Actually the same sample which is a part of standard Image Uploader samples works correctly. Did you try to test it on your problem machine? Could you please do it and write us about the results. Java console dump would be most likely needed.

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2008 3:45:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!