Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chris3E  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2006 12:32:40 AM(UTC)
Chris3E

Groups: Member

Hi,

We have the trial version of ImageUploader installed for development purposes and will hopefully making a move to purchase a license soon. The control was installed and used around a month ago and worked successfully but I have recently come back to it to find that it no longer works (neither Java or ActiveX). I thought that the evaluation period might have run out, even though there was no message telling me this was the case, so followed your instructions to prolong the evaluation period but this doesn't seem to have had any effect.

We are using the control within an ASP.NET (2.0) page, implementing custom buttons and adding a field to the POST data. When the save button is pressed (using the ActiveX control) the progress bar is saying that the data has been sent but the control just hangs on 'waiting for response from server/waiting for retry'...

If the Java applet is used an alert is displayed saying "The server or proxy not found". The Java Console has the following error in it...

Code:
ImageUploader version: 2.0.79
Current document URL: http://localhost:1598/Xsis9WebUI/Test/MultiFileUploadTest.aspx?p=9ffd97ca-827c-4a99-a60f-8f026b88fecb
Reading cookies
Cookies: Username=sda; ASP.NET_SessionId=mgdggibwjpxvs5mj0rl4iaz5; .xsis9=ABBBAA054822324C68BFFCA78E66E0A901653634A0C75AEE75289D243BA543EB3D2AA353ECD6D2EC59399C9A195139317A38A84CE63436F65906B58E981C1913
Reading referer
Referer: http://localhost:1598/Xsis9WebUI/Test/MultiFileUploadTest.aspx?p=9ffd97ca-827c-4a99-a60f-8f026b88fecb
Reading additional form content
Uploading to http://localhost:1598/Xsis9WebUI/ScriptLibrary/Controls/MultiFileUpload/Upload.aspx
Setting HTTP params: Host=localhost; Port=1598
Starting upload
08-Nov-2006 15:58:09 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry
INFO: I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: Software caused connection abort: socket write error
08-Nov-2006 15:58:09 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry
INFO: Retrying request
08-Nov-2006 15:58:17 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry
INFO: I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: Software caused connection abort: socket write error
08-Nov-2006 15:58:17 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry
INFO: Retrying request
###Error occured###
Status=[ERROR]
Progress=[0]
ValueMax=[0]
Value=[2]
[ErrorPage]
localhost
[EndOfErrorPage]

I have tried doing things that have been suggested for people facing the same problem to no avail. The upload page is definately accessible. If I remove all code from the upload script it appears to work (but obviously doesn't do anything). I have also tried setting high timeout values for both the uploader and the server and these have no effect.

If you could help at all it would be brilliant. Thank you.

PS - I am testing with a very small file (1kb) so timeout shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 18, 2007 8:21:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2006 4:41:19 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

There was a problem with very small files in one of the previous versions of Image Uploader for ActiveX so try to test with the bigger file.

We have released a new build of Image Uploader with several bug fixes so please try to upgrdade.

Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

Chris3E  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2006 5:15:16 PM(UTC)
Chris3E

I'm getting the same problem when trying to upload a file that's just over 2.5MB.

I have already downloaded the latest version of ImageUploader.

Alex Makhov  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2006 5:43:04 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

So then you have to debug your upload processing code. If there is no problem if it is empty and there problems when there is some code the problem is definitely in your code.

Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov

Chris3E  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2006 5:52:46 PM(UTC)
Chris3E

I have since tried this again and if I place a breakpoint at the start of the code I can see that it doesn't even try to access the code until it timesout when it just seems to send an empty post to the page (it throws a null exception when trying to get the FileCount).

Commenting out the code doesn't seem to work anymore (I don't know what I initally did to get it to work).

I have also created a separate demo project which works fine, however when I add the files from the demo project to our application project I am getting the same error. I have also tried copying across the web.config from the demo project incase there was a conflict with the new web.config (maxRequestLength or executionTimeout) but it has no effect.

Alex Makhov  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2006 5:57:55 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

So you have to check the code of all the files which are used by Image Uploader. The problem is somewhere there. That’s the only one thing to be done now.
Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov

Chris3E  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2006 6:48:39 PM(UTC)
Chris3E

I've found that if I change the authentication mode in the web.config to windows it works. Our application uses forms authentication. Does IU not support this?
Alex Makhov  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2006 7:59:45 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

Image Uploader supports cookies so if you are using the SessionID cookie value it will be sent to the server.

Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov

Chris3E  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2006 11:08:39 PM(UTC)
Chris3E

Could you explain that a bit more please?

I think FormsAuthentication cookie is different to the SessionID cookie (I may be wrong) so sending back the value of the SessionId cookie wont authenticate the user when using FormsAuthentication? Is it possible to tell ImageUploader which cookie value to send?

Another question we have is that assuming we overcome this problem, will ImageUploader work across an SSL connection?

Thanks.

Alex Makhov  
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2006 1:28:16 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

Image Uploader reads the document.cookie value and uploads it with the other data in upload request header. So all the cookies are sent to the server.

As about your second question, Image Uploader supports both HTTP and HTTPS protocols.

Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov

Chris3E  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2006 7:55:20 PM(UTC)
Chris3E

Found the problem. I had to change a property of the forms authentication which allows/prevents the cookie being sent/received as part of the request object.

Thanks for your help.

pwnell  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2007 12:28:08 AM(UTC)
pwnell

Quote:
Chris3E (11/10/2006)

Found the problem. I had to change a property of the forms authentication which allows/prevents the cookie being sent/received as part of the request object.

Thanks for your help.

I have the same issue. Do you mind posting your form element here so that I can see exactly which attribute you were referring to?