Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PeterV  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2007 6:59:44 PM(UTC)
PeterV

Groups: Member

Hello again,
we run into a problem with two different applications which use different versions of activex/java applet imaguploader.
The application using the latest version of the imageuploader applet performs an update of the applet so that the application which uses the older imageuploader version (still using the old-version iuembed.js) can't load the correct imageuplaoder anymore...
Is there a way to hold several imageuplaoder versions parallel on the client side browser cache and select the right one for each application client side front end?

Thanks for your answers,
cheers Peter
Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 5:00:22 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello Peter,

I think if you store the ImageUplader2.jar and ImageUploader4.cab files of two different versions in different folders the problem would be solved.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
PeterV  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2007 10:12:16 PM(UTC)
PeterV

Hi Alex,
thanks for your answer, but i didn' t get the point. Do you mean the source imageuploader files stored on the server should be saved in different folders? This is the situation, because the two different application backends are running on complete different servers.
Or do you mean to store the imageupoader files in different folders on the client side.
I think we have no influence on that, the browsers store their applets in a default way.

Due to the fact that the 'newer' application performs an update of the imageuploader on the client side if it detects an old version file the 'older' application looses its needed imageuploader version file.

Alex Makhov  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2007 12:49:41 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

I mean the server side, of course :)

If it does not work then there is no other way because for example older minor releases of Image Uploader have the same CLSID with the new ones. I think the best way it to use the new version on both sites and if there are some problems with one application using the new version, try to find the reason of the problem and fix it. We will do our best to help you with that.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

PeterV  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2007 1:26:54 AM(UTC)
PeterV

Hi, thanks for the answer.
Since we can not update the old application i start to find out the installed version by instantiating an not displayed html object tag for testing the version. Seems to work. But i have not finished jet this task.
Cheers Peter
Alex Makhov  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2007 6:16:35 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

OK,

So I am waiting for the news about complete problem resolution.

Edited by user Sunday, February 24, 2008 5:21:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov