Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gjenglish  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2007 12:46:00 PM(UTC)
gjenglish

Groups: Member

Hello,

I am using the Image Uploader Dual 4.1.
I'm testing the Java Applet in FireFox 2.0 running on a Windows Vista machine and I am getting the following error:

"Loading Java Applet Failed..."
"Applet com.aurigma.imageuploader.ImageUploader notinited"

I am getting the same exception when testing the Aurigma's test site (using Firefox on Vista):
http://www.aurigma.com/P...nlineDemo.aspx#BasicDemo

Does the Java Applet version 4.1 work on Vista?

Thank you for your help
Garry

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2008 4:38:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2007 8:08:22 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello Garry,

Image Uploader for Java 4.1 was the first version which was tested under Vista. Now the new version with better Vista support is available, so please get Image Uploader Dual 4.5 from our site and check if the problem is still there. If it is, please, send us the Java console log.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
fodaley  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2007 7:02:42 PM(UTC)
fodaley

Hello, I am getting a similar problem with Gary. However, with the online demos I am able to view the Java versions and it's fine.

Here's my issue:

I had written some code 1-2 months ago to use the trial version. Everything was fine, and your demos worked. Today I revisitted the code.

I am able to acces the ImageUploader2.jar as in FF it asks if I want to download it. In FireFox 2, on XP and IE7 on Vista, I receive the 'Applet com.aurigma.imageuploader.ImageUploader notinited'. The Java console says

Code:
java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 218762506 in class file com/aurigma/imageuploader/ImageUploader
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
	at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

In FF2 on Vista, it just freezes and does nothing. The ActiveX uploader works fine in IE6 & 7 both on Vista and XP. The demos online work, but local machine does not. I have also gone ahead and cleared my cache, cleared the Java files from my control panel, and redownloaded ImageUploader 4.5 from your website. Still, my code and your demos on my local machine does not work. What kind of issues can I possibly be having?

Thanks

Edited by user Monday, December 17, 2007 7:29:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

fodaley  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2007 3:10:14 AM(UTC)
fodaley

I've tested the image uploader on another machine - a desktop that has not been online/turned on in over a month. The uploader was working on it initially, and still does. I copied the exact code over to my laptop (where it currently does not work) and the image uploader does not work.

I wonder if there was some kind of Microsoft patch? My desktop is running XP Pro, laptop is running Vista.
fodaley  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2007 1:00:34 AM(UTC)
fodaley

It seems that if I remove the files outside if Secure_Members folder (that's the default naming ASP gives when you use their login control) everything is fine.

I've tested it in the past, and in the past they were able to be accesses from inside the secure folder. I've placed the files on a Windos 2003 Server and it's able to operate in the Secure_Members.

Possibly a Windows XP Home/ Vista patch that affected something?
fodaley  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2007 4:10:49 AM(UTC)
fodaley

I've continued my discussion into http://www.aurigma.com/Forums/Topic6999-12-1.aspx as I've determined it's a Firefox Update issue

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2008 6:17:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified