Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stark77  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2007 8:10:06 AM(UTC)
stark77

Groups: Member

I am trying to set up my image uploader so that some additionals options are selected by the user between selecting the files and sending them to the server.

I am doing this by replacing the send button with one that places a div over the top of the form with some information and form elements in it. Once they have confirmed their options, this new div would be removed and the image uploader Send method called.

Unfortunately, while testing this in Firefox, the form shows through the div that is supposed to be above it, regardless of what z-index is specified. So, I set the div holding the image uploader component to hide (display:none) while showing the overlay div. Then, I hide the overlay and re-display the image uploader div. Unfortunately, when I do this, the selected files disappear.

This doesn't happen on the activex version.

Is there any way I can hide the form using javascript/css and then bring it back when I'm ready to upload the selected files?
Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2007 1:42:23 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

May be you should show some modal dialog instead of hiding Image Uploader? ;)
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
stark77  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2007 10:13:30 PM(UTC)
stark77

Well... I need some nicely formatted HTML with images and form elements.... can I do that in a modal dialog?

When you say modal dialog, do you mean a new javascript window? That is my current solution, but I don't like forcing new windows on users.

I did manage to effectively hide the Image Uploader form in Firefox by positioning it absolutely and then moving it off the page, then back again at the end. Sadly this approach didn't work for Opera though, which moved the div holding the applet - but left the applet exactly where it started.

The point about all this, is wanting to present a page to users after selecting the files, and before the upload begins. This intermediate page is formatted based upon the images that are selected - but specifies actions to take upon the files when they are uploaded. Hence it having to be displayed at this point. If you have a way of doing this without launching a new window then I'd love to hear it :)