Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BigD  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2007 7:05:01 AM(UTC)
BigD

Groups: Member

We have been working intergrating the uploader into our software and the version of the jar we had was 2.0.79.0 and it worked fairly well. Thumbnail generation was still very slow compared to the activex. Now, with 2.1.1.0, it takes a longer time to load and with anything more than a few images, and while the thumbnails are generating, the system resources taken up by the applet are insane. We tried it on 4 different, high performance developer machines with the same result. We tried it on a mac and it crashed Firefox. Out thumbnail size is set to 100, the jpeg quality is 5, the resize quality is Low. There's nothing more I see to optimize it. The really silly thing is when we out of desperation set the folder and upload view to List, it STILL bogs down and the rate at which the file icons appear, it's clear that it is generating the thumbnails anyway - so not only is this not an acceptable solution for us, it doesn't even help.

Are you looking to fix this in the very near future or is there a way for me to disable the applet from doing any thumbnail work/uploading - just show me the file listing and send the originals. It's not what we need but it will at least make the product acceptable for initial deployment.

Thanks in advance!
Dmitry
Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2007 12:50:48 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello Dmitry,

I have answered you by a PM.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
clickimage  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2007 2:28:16 PM(UTC)
clickimage

Hello Alex,

We are experiencing the same problem. We upgraded from:
Code:
iu.javaAppletVersion = "1.1.02.0";

to:
Code:
iu.javaAppletVersion = "2.1.1.0";

and experienced a serious performance degredation in the loading of the thumbnails in the viewing panel. Can you tell us the most recent level of the java applet version which does not have this problem? Also, how do we get this backlevel version? Thanks!

Edited by user Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:54:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alex Makhov  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2007 6:24:11 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

The last version number is 2.1.21.0 so please download it from our site and check if the problem is still there.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

clickimage  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2007 4:50:26 PM(UTC)
clickimage

Hello Alex,

Sorry, in my previous reply I meant to say we are working on the java version of 2.1.21.0 and still having the same problem. Please give this a try to browser to a directory of 25+ image jpg files which are about 3-5MB each.

This version work okay:
iu.javaAppletVersion = "1.1.02.0";
http://www.clickimage.co...geUploader1/BasicSample/

Latest version performs extremely slowly to the point where system stops:
iu.javaAppletVersion = "2.1.21.0";
http://www.clickimage.co...imizedUpload/default.asp

Please try out the above systems against the same directory of images and let me know if you see a difference. please note that this will only work in non-IE browsers and do not upload anything. Thanks!
Alex Makhov  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2007 12:34:46 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

Try to comment these two lines of your code for Java version of ImageUploader:
Code:
iu.addParam("MinImageWidth", "360");
iu.addParam("MinImageHeight", "360");

It should help.

P.S. We will make more smart condition checking mechanism in Image Uploader for Java 2.5 which will make it faster in case of file size and image size restrictions.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

clickimage  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2007 1:11:41 PM(UTC)
clickimage

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your quick response. Can you give me a little technical detail how it will make the generation of the thumbnails in the viewing panel load faster by commenting those lines? In our production code we use this as we require a minimum of 1024x1024 to be uploaded. If I understand it a little more perhaps I can be flexible to do this kind of checking after upload.

Anyway, I have commented this code and still see that the older java version loads the same folder of about 50 images a LOT faster than the same folder of 50 images using the new version. "loads the folder" means the thumbnails of the files in the selected folder will all appear in the viewing panel.

Do you know if the guy above figured out the problem? Are you seeing what I am seeing with the performance difference?

Thanks.
Alex Makhov  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2007 1:51:30 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

MinImageWidth and MinImageHeight are not supported in Java version yet anyway so you are unable to set image size restrictions in Java version now.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

clickimage  
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2007 10:34:49 AM(UTC)
clickimage

Hello Alex,

Thanks for the technical description. Are you able to recreate the problem?
Alex Makhov  
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2007 12:19:39 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

Quote:
Are you able to recreate the problem?

Yes and as I told you before you have to use these properties with ActiveX version only.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov