Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mona Troy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2007 3:43:01 AM(UTC)
Mona Troy

Groups: Member

Dear Aurigma;

How are you? Hope all is well.

We are registered users of Aurigma Image Uploader v.4.1 (Dual). Please help with the following issue:

The image upload works fine when we use a standalone version of MS-Internet Explorer. However, the same code does NOT work when we try to use the web-browser built into America Online (AOL) 7.0 or 9.0 (AOL version numbers). Any time we try to upload an image using the AOL web-browser, we receive the following error message:

Upload failed (the connection was interrupted)

I am concerned because there are millions of AOL users out there. It is my understanding that it is the MS-Internet Explorer browser that is built into AOL (but I am not 100% sure). Why does the code and upload work fine when we use a standalone version of IE, but it fails with the "...connection was interrupted" error message when we try to upload using the AOL web-browser on the same exact code (same webpage)? The file size is less than 500-KB in both instances. Tested on two separate machines, both running Windows-XP Pro (same problem/error experienced on both machines). The code is in ASP .Net.

The error occurs soon after the file transfer (upload) apparently starts. For example if I try uploading a 300-KB file using the AOL web-browser, then the "Upload failed (the connection was interrupted)" error pops up a few seconds later, after only about 48-KB have apparently been transmitted.

Please help and/or suggest a workaround solution.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Regards,

Mona.
George Ulyanov  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2007 6:32:51 PM(UTC)
George Ulyanov

Hello Mona,

We have tested Image Uploader in AOL Explorer and AOL OpenRide.
Here is the versions:
AOL OpenRide 1.1.8.1 (IE 7.0.5730.11)
AOL Explorer 1.5001.7.1 (IE 6.0.2900.2180)
In both cases the uploader worked correctly.

Could you post the code or sent the link to the web page where problem occurs?

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:44:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
George Ulyanov
Mona Troy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:02:55 PM(UTC)
Mona Troy

Hello George;

The upload page is in a "Member's Area". We shall set up a test-account then e-mail a password and Login instructions to you at aurigma's support e-mail address, so that you may log-in yourself to replicate the problem.

Thank you.

Mona.
Mona Troy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:58:11 PM(UTC)
Mona Troy

Hello George;

We have sent you the Log-in Instructions in a Private Message, and also to Aurigma's support e-mail address. Once you get to the image uploading screen, you can simply "View Source" to see the scripts/source code where the uploader is embedded.

We shall await your reply on how to fix the image uploading problem using the AOL web-browser.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Mona.
George Ulyanov  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2007 1:31:40 PM(UTC)
George Ulyanov

Hello,

I have visited your web site and tried to upload with the last version of Uploader (4.1.21) and it worked perfectly.

Please try to install last version of Image Uploade and please let me know whether the problem still exist.

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:46:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
George Ulyanov
Mona Troy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2007 3:49:19 AM(UTC)
Mona Troy

Hi George,

We installed the latest version of Image Uploader (Version 4.1.21). Works beautifully with AOL now! The new version seems to have fixed the problem. Thank You! Your assistance was greatly appreciated!

Mona.