Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WayneBrantley  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2007 1:56:30 PM(UTC)
WayneBrantley

Groups: Member

Open the 'MultipleDescriptions' sample for ASP.NET C#.
Click the 'add' button. You will get a javascript error of 'o' is not an object.

The thumbnail is added to the uploader anyway.

Now, click the send button...get finished sending, then says something like 'problem encountered'

I emailed this to support also.
Any ideas?
Wayne
Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2007 5:06:03 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Groups:

Hello Wayne,

We are unable to reproduce the problem. Which Image Uploader do you use (Java or ActiveX)? Which browser? Which operating system? Does the problem occur on not changed sample or you have already made some changes?
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
WayneBrantley  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2007 2:32:32 AM(UTC)
WayneBrantley

Using an existing website, that uses masterpages, themes, etc. I created a new folder - "IU". I copied the .cab file and iuembed.js file into that folder. I then copied the MultipleDescriptions folder under that one. Since the website is set to use themes, I had to add runat="server" to the <HEAD> tag on the default.aspx and gallery.aspx pages.

I then go to your default page, add a picture with the 'add' button. I see a javascript error. I then upload the picture and get "Image Uploaded encountered some problem. If you see this message, contact web master."

So, I then created a new website and copied all your demos into that folder. It still gives the javascript error, but the upload works without error. So, the Javascript is broken, but the upload is 'fine', just needed that gallery stuff there I guess.

So, I have it working (still get javascript error) and things seem ok. However, in testing, I am STILL getting errors. Sometimes it uploads, sometimes it does not. When it does not, I get the error of "some unexpected error occurred". Seems like sometimes you get the error 2-6 times out of 20.

I turned debugging on - but dont get an additional page with an error or anything when this happens. I am really having trouble getting everything working. Perhaps I can try an older version or something?

Here is the declaration:

Code:
//Create JavaScript object that will embed Image Uploader to the page.
var iu = new ImageUploaderWriter("ImageUploader1", 650, 250);

//For ActiveX control full path to CAB file (including file name) should be specified.
iu.activeXControlCodeBase = "../ImageUploader4.cab";
iu.activeXControlVersion = "4,1,1,0";

iu.addParam("LicenseKey", "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx");

//For Java applet only path to directory with JAR files should be specified (without file name).
iu.javaAppletCodeBase = "../";
iu.javaAppletCached = true;
iu.javaAppletVersion = "2.0.79.0";

iu.showNonemptyResponse = "off";

//Configure appearance.
iu.addParam("PaneLayout", "ThreePanes");
iu.addParam("FolderView", "Thumbnails");

iu.addParam("BackgroundColor", "#eff1f9");
iu.addParam("ShowUploadListButtons", "true");
iu.addParam("ButtonRemoveFromUploadListText", "");
iu.addParam("ButtonRemoveAllFromUploadListText", "");
iu.addParam("ShowDebugWindow", "true");

iu.addParam("ShowDescriptions", "false");
iu.addParam("EnableRotate", "false");
iu.addParam("ShowButtons", "false");

iu.addParam("RedirectUrl", "somepage.aspx");
iu.addParam("MessageUploadCompleteText","");
iu.addParam("EnableFileViewer", "false");

//Hide standard upload pane.
iu.addParam("FolderPaneHeight", "-1");

iu.addParam("FileMask", "*.jpg");

//Configure thumbnail settings.
//iu.addParam("UploadThumbnail1FitMode", "Fit");
//iu.addParam("UploadThumbnail1Width", "120");
//iu.addParam("UploadThumbnail1Height", "120");
//iu.addParam("UploadThumbnail1JpegQuality", "60");

iu.addParam("AdditionalFormName", "MainForm");

//Add event handlers.
iu.addEventListener("UploadFileCountChange", "ImageUploader_UploadFileCountChange");
iu.addEventListener("BeforeUpload", "ImageUploader_BeforeUpload")
iu.fullPageLoadListenerName = "fullPageLoad";

//Tell Image Uploader writer object to generate all necessary HTML code to embed 
//Image Uploader to the page.
iu.writeHtml();

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2008 4:56:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wayne
WayneBrantley  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2007 8:22:53 AM(UTC)
WayneBrantley

BTW, using ActiveX, XP SP2, IE7.
Wayne
Alex Makhov  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2007 1:44:15 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Groups:

Hello,

Are there the following functions in your page:
ImageUploader_UploadFileCountChange
ImageUploader_BeforeUpload
fullPageLoad?
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

WayneBrantley  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2007 9:25:19 PM(UTC)
WayneBrantley

Yes, those are there...I have a seperate script included.....it is JUST like the demo 'multiple descriptions' - except only has one description field. Again, YOUR demo gives the same javascript error.

Is there another avenue for support? The MUCH BIGGER problem is the 'unknown error' that happens MUCH of the time after upload. Please, can you help me?
Wayne
WayneBrantley  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2007 6:53:13 AM(UTC)
WayneBrantley

Any word on a fix or provide me old versions or something? no one is answering via support email either...
Wayne
Alex Makhov  
#8 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2007 12:54:20 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Groups:

Hello Wayne,

We have found the problem resolution. Find the following lines of code in iuembed.js file:
Code:
// PaneItemDesign
eval("o.setPaneItemDesign = function(Pane, Index, Value){this.PaneItemDesign(Pane, Index) = Value;};");
eval("o.getPaneItemDesign = function(Pane, Index){return this.PaneItemDesign(Pane, Index);};");

// PaneItemSelected
eval("o.getPaneItemSelected = function(Pane, Index){return this.PaneItemSelected(Pane, Index);};");

// PaneItemEnabled
eval("o.setPaneItemEnabled = function(Pane, Index, Value){this.PaneItemEnabled(Pane, Index) = Value;};");
eval("o.getPaneItemEnabled = function(Pane, Index){return this.PaneItemEnabled(Pane, Index);};");

and comment them:
Code:
// PaneItemDesign
//eval("o.setPaneItemDesign = function(Pane, Index, Value){this.PaneItemDesign(Pane, Index) = Value;};");
//eval("o.getPaneItemDesign = function(Pane, Index){return this.PaneItemDesign(Pane, Index);};");

// PaneItemSelected
//eval("o.getPaneItemSelected = function(Pane, Index){return this.PaneItemSelected(Pane, Index);};");

// PaneItemEnabled
//eval("o.setPaneItemEnabled = function(Pane, Index, Value){this.PaneItemEnabled(Pane, Index) = Value;};");
//eval("o.getPaneItemEnabled = function(Pane, Index){return this.PaneItemEnabled(Pane, Index);};");

That should help.

As about the 'Unknown error', there should be something wrong on the server side. Does your server script work well with any other our 'no problem' sample?

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2008 4:57:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

WayneBrantley  
#9 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2007 2:14:50 PM(UTC)
WayneBrantley

Well, that is just it....the script seems to work _sometimes_. When I do it from IE7, it seems to work almost ALWAYS. When others do it from IE6, get the error almost ALWAYS. Obviously server side code is the same for each situation.

I will try to do more testing.

Any ideas?

Wayne
gmoon0129  
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2007 9:03:01 AM(UTC)
gmoon0129

Groups:

Like Wayne, I am having the same problem with IE 6 & IE 7. 'some unknown error occurred.'

Java version is nearly flawless on the same machine with the same high-speed connection, but active X version works only part of time.

It doesn't make sense that this is a server or a connection error.
I have a posting of my own with the issue and I have an email into support with absolutley no response.
See: http://www.aurigma.com/Forums/Topic5551-12-1.aspx
jmcooper  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2007 7:43:58 AM(UTC)
jmcooper

Groups:

FYI, I found that this error occurs to me when I am using https, but it does not if I am using http.