Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
philduhs  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 21, 2007 6:22:27 AM(UTC)
philduhs

Groups: Member

Hi

I am having a problem trying to integrate Image Uploader into a Java site using the Spring framework. The probem seems to be with field names that start with an uppercase character (as the framework tries to match posted field names to java class field names automatically).

Is there any way to ensure that the posted field names start with a lowercase character?

I can work around this (by not utilising some of the Spring frameworks features - eg. automatic binding of a CommonsMultipartFile PropertyEditorSupport class within my SimpleFormController) but this is less than ideal...

Has anyone else had/solved this problem?

Rgds,
Phil
Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 21, 2007 1:28:07 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Groups:

Hello Phil,

Now Image Uploader uploads all data fields with uppercase names. There is no way to rename the fields to the lowercase in the standard version of Image Uploader. The only possible solution is to make a custom version with such feature. If you are interested in it feel free to write to sales@aurigma.com.

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:15:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
philduhs  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2007 2:44:51 AM(UTC)
philduhs

Groups: Member

Ok, thanks for the reply, I'll work around this as I don't expect it will change as it would then break other people's sites!

Is it possible to access the form fields that will be submitted by the HTTP POST from Javascript? Perhaps in the method called by "iu.addEventListener("BeforeUpload"..." ? That way I could use the method defined in BeforeUpload to rename the fields as necessary...

Rgds,
Phil
Alex Makhov  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2007 10:40:46 AM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Groups:

Hello Phil,

You can control (rename etc.) the additional form fields only, not the fields of Image Uploader itself such as Description_1 and so on.

========================================================
02/21/2008, Fedor
Additional info

In recent version if Image Uploader we have added support of renaming POST fields. It can be done using RenameField method.
========================================================

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:42:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!