Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Alex Makhov  
#21 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2006 9:07:01 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Groups: Member

Hello,

Quote:
Did the small buffer size problem in Internet Explorer solve by the release on 4 Nov?

This feature has already been implemented and now we are testing it.

Quote:
Where can I find the change log of Image Uploader between different versions?

Aurigma Image Uploader 4.0 Dual: What's New?
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
eg_hch  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2006 10:17:01 AM(UTC)
eg_hch

Thanks Alex
But the change log that I mean is not that big version change
Just like this time, if I am not asking the small buffer problem question on the forum, is it possible that I can know this on some other pages when it is released?
It is quite important because it helps me to make the decision to update the clients version or not, every time when you have new release/patch
Alex Makhov  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2006 5:01:29 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

The only one place where such information is available is our bug tracking system but it can be used inside our company only. So if you are interested in any feature implementation status feel free to write to sales@aurigma.com.

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:30:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

clickimage  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2006 1:11:10 PM(UTC)
clickimage

Hello Alex,

Is the "generally slow" problem fix currently available?
Alex Makhov  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2006 1:45:37 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

We have implemented the fast upload feature in the ActiveX version of Image Uploader. Now this feature is being tested. The fast upload feature will be available in Image Uploader Dual 4.1 which will be released in December or January.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

clickimage  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2006 3:30:40 AM(UTC)
clickimage

Hello Alex,

Thanks for your quick reply and update on the status of this fix. A few more questions:

1. If I purchase 4.0 now, are there any upgrade fees to move to 4.1 when it becomes availabe in the next few months?

2. I notice that 4.0 has a Concurrent upload request function:

http://www.aurigma.com/d...iallyAndConcurrently.htm

I am really looking for ways to improve the performance of upload as quickly as possible. Would you recommend this as a solution? What else would you recommend?

3. Sales Question... Currently I have Single Domain 3.5 ActiveX and Java. If I want to upgrade to 4.0 dual, do I only purchase the Single Domain (Dual, Upgrade from Java Version) $134.00 ? Or do I have to purchase both the Upgrade from Java and Upgrade from ActiveX?

Regards,
Andrew

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:13:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alex Makhov  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2006 1:42:27 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

1. Upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1 will be free.

2. New fast upload feature will be more effective than multiple upload feature.

3. You need to purchase Image Uploader Single Domain (Upgrade from previous version of ActiveX + Java bundle) for $179. Here is the link to our online store:
http://www.aurigma.com/Store/AddToCart.aspx?ProductID=270.

Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

clickimage  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2006 3:24:04 PM(UTC)
clickimage

Hello Alex,

I have installed the Dual 4.0 on my server and tested. Unfortunately, I don't see any noticeable difference, even with using the Java.

If you want to test it out and give me feedback on how I could make it better for the immediate until 4.1 comes, I would be greatly appreciated. I think the GUI, etc... of Aurigma is GREAT, but the upload speed is just really slow. Perhaps it is something on how I have my IIS server set up? I am still researching that.

Here is the ActiveX3.5/Java1.x version. Use IE to try ActiveX and use another browser to try Java:
http://www.clickimage.co...ploader/testuploader.asp

Here is the Dual4.0 version. Again use IE to get ActiveX or another browser to try Java:
http://www.clickimage.co...er/testuploader_Dual.asp

Thanks,
Andrew
clickimage  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2006 3:48:34 PM(UTC)
clickimage

Hello Alex,

Another thought... I was checking out your sample for concurrent uploading:

http://www.aurigma.com/P...mo.aspx#ConcurrentUpload

Does it actually upload in parallel or does it take turns sending 3 files at the same time? In other words, will uploading 3 files sequentially be the same amount of upload time as using this new concurrent upload feature with 3 files? I uploaded about 5 1.8MB files at the same time using the above tool. I noticed 3 files should start to send, but 2 of them paused about 1/6 completed until the third completed fully. Is the concurrent upload method recommended for high-volume uploads?

Thanks,
Andrew

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2008 4:41:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alex Makhov  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2006 5:43:29 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

The upload process is really parallel from the client (Image Uploader) side but the server usually has connection limit that’s why one of the upload processes has to wait.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

clickimage  
#31 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2006 12:54:59 AM(UTC)
clickimage

Hello Alex,

I use IIS and have verified that there is no limit on my connections. I verified this by viewing properties of the website in IIS and clicking on the performance tab I see that Webs site Connections is set to "Unlimited".

http://www.clickimage.co...ader_dual_concurrent.asp

You can try for yourself using the above link. Any idea what the problem can be?
Alex Makhov  
#32 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2006 5:55:27 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

While testing parallel upload process we have known there is some connection limit in spite of IIS settings.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

Fedor  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2007 4:40:20 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
We have just released Image Uploader 4.1 where the problem with upload speed was fixed finally.
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
jessyhanley  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2007 7:00:07 AM(UTC)
jessyhanley

We purchased an few IP licences (with source code) (version 3x). These were signed with our secure cert and the install says our company name.

I just wanted to make sure I understand correctly... version 4 would require us to purchase all of these again? Even for extremely important features like faster uploading?

Which of the products on this page : http://www.aurigma.com/Products...er/PricingLicensing.aspx would need to be purchased and since 4 has been released, has all development on 3 stopped. Will ImageUploader upgrades cease for all those who have not purchased?
Andrew  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2007 1:17:43 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hello,

> I just wanted to make sure I understand correctly... version 4 would require us to purchase all of these again? Even for extremely important features like faster uploading?

It will require to purchase an upgrade, rather than purchasing it from a scratch. You will get significant discount comparing to the list price.

> Which of the products on this page : http://www.aurigma.com/P...er/PricingLicensing.aspx would need to be purchased

If you are interested in upgrade please contact sales@aurigma.com. We will give you all necessary payment instructions.

> since 4 has been released, has all development on 3 stopped. Will ImageUploader upgrades cease for all those who have not purchased?

Yes, version 3 has been discontinued. According to our upgrade policy, you get free minor upgrades (e.g. between 3.1 and 3.5) and paid major upgrades (e.g. between 3.5 and 4.1). So if you have the version 3.5 and would like to get advantages of the version 4.1, you should purchase a major upgrade.

If you have any other questions regarding the upgrade or other sales questions, I will be happy to answer through email.
jessyhanley  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2007 10:44:22 PM(UTC)
jessyhanley

While waiting for a response, I wanted to do a "basic" test to see if 4.1 truly does upload photos faster than 3.5.

However, as soon as I accepted the install, i get a run time error and IE closes down.

Quote:
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\exploerer.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

This is not very encouraging

Here is some information about my set up. I tried on: IE 7

I'm running Windows 2000. Standard Medium-high (no customization) security settings.

Thanks
Alex Makhov  
#37 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2007 5:26:36 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

As far as I know IE7 is not supported on Win2K (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/about/sysreqs/default.mspx) so how did you test it?
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

jessyhanley  
#38 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2007 11:00:47 PM(UTC)
jessyhanley

I'm so sorry.... I meant Windows XP (silly me)
Alex Makhov  
#39 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2007 2:15:46 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

It looks like there were some problems in installation process. Please read the following article regarding this issue:
Updating Image Uploader on the Client Side.

Edited by user Monday, October 27, 2008 11:26:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov