Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
codesmith  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2006 4:10:03 AM(UTC)
codesmith

Groups: Member

Hi,

We just installed the new 4.0 Dual on our live site. All the testing on various browsers (including two versions of IE) passed but we're getting a couple folks reporting a problem. These were people who used the 3.0 version just fine.

On the upload page, they don't see the uploader or any other message. Then after a few seconds in the upper left hand corner of the browser in tiny type they see:

"This site might require the following ActiveX control Aurigma Image Uploader 4.0 from Aurigma, Inc. Click here to install."

When they click, it installs and they're ok but it's very easy to miss the message and we're concerned. They're using IE 6.0.29 on WinXP Pro. I've tried duplicating the problem but can't - I get the normal pop-up window asking to do the install. I'm wondering if this is a security setting? Has anyone else seen this and have any solutions on making the install easier?

Thanks,

Justin

Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2006 6:09:02 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello Justin,

Quote:
Has anyone else seen this and have any solutions on making the install easier?

Yes, I have seen such yellow box at the top of my page before Image Uploader installation. That’s normal. If you don’t see it the security settings of your IE are set to low level.

Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

codesmith  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2006 6:27:14 AM(UTC)
codesmith

Hmmm I checked and our test machine's IE settings are set to Medium. I go to the Image Uploader page and according to the status bar it downloads, and then I get a pop up titled "Security Warning" which asks me "Do you want to install and run "Aurigma Image Uploader 4.0"...." The pop up is very clear and easy to install. But what I'm talking about is just a small link in the upper left hand. I tried changing the settings to High as well but I never get the link. Does this happen only on specific versions of IE or is there another setting to make that happen? I know this outside of the realm of Image Uploader so I'll look around the internet some more but I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

Justin

Alex Makhov  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2006 12:38:23 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!