Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
xiaomantoularry  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 28, 2006 4:06:47 PM(UTC)
xiaomantoularry

Groups: Member

I downloaded the evaluation versoion of Image Uploader Dual4.0. Tried the following samples on both Firefox 1.5.0.6, Netscape 7.1 and IE6.0 on Windows XP. "Basic Demo Sample" works on 3 different browsers, but 'User Quota Sample" and "Multiple Descriptions Sample" do NOT work on Firefox and Netscape. On both failed cases, the browser starts hanging ( not responding) once the 'Send' buttion is clicked.

I have JRE1.4.1_01 installed on my local machine.

it this a known issue? what's the remedy, if any ?

Thanks

larry

xiaomantoularry  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2006 7:31:17 AM(UTC)
xiaomantoularry

I tried in on my local machine where APACHE2.2 and PHP5.1 are installed.

For example, when I try the "User Quota Sample" PHP version in FireFox (or Netscape), it works fine at the beginning, I can select/deselect files, and user quota panel reflects all the change I have made correctly. But once I click the 'Upload' button on the top bar, the browser is frozen ( even the Java Console, hence I can not get any stack trace there)

But the 'Basic Demo' works fine in Firefox and Netscape.

In addition to Java console, is there any other way to get some trace logged to the file system?

xiaomantoularry  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2006 3:05:14 PM(UTC)
xiaomantoularry

After I change the JRE on my local machine into JRE 1.5.0.8, the upload seems working.

but the java applet version is not really stable, especially when using the custom upload pane (for multiple description field purpose). In custom upload pane mode, Only the 1st uploading works, the rest always got some sort of java exception.

The default three-pane layout is much stable in applet version - I have tried uploading many files in both Firefox and Netscape browser for many times and it did not pose a single issue, but the one thing we really need is to add an extra field for each image (in the addition to the standard Description).

Please suggest a way to achieve this without using the custom upload pane.

Alex Makhov  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2006 5:39:11 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

Could you give the direct link to your test site or the code of your page to test it by PM?

Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!