Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
clickimage  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2006 3:38:30 PM(UTC)
clickimage

Groups: Member

Hi,

I'm using code, almost identical to the sample provide by Aurigma (D:\Program Files\Aurigma\Image Uploader 1.1 for Java\Samples\ASP\BasicSample/abcUpload.asp) for uploading images. I use the property iu.addParam("FilesPerOnePackageCount", "1"); so that 1 image is uploaded and processed by my server-side ABCUpload asp code at a time. Being that we are a heavy duty image uploading site, the uploader is hit hard and we are finding lots of problems when multiple users are uploading at the same time. We added some sophisticated error logging which traps information each time our customer hits a problem.

Code:
NET ERROR RESULT is on code line 79 of the above sample we hit the following error intermittently.

79: Set objFile = objUpload.Files("SourceFile_1")
80: Dim strFileName, strNewFileName
81: strFileName = objFile.SafeFileName
82: strNewFileName = strFileName

Error: Object required line 79

In our error logging, we find that 2 users hit the SAME error at the SAME time which leads me to think that creating the objFile object in parallel is failing? I am using IIS 6.0. Do I need to have a setting to run in different application pools or something so that there are no collisions? Any input or ideas on this are appreciated.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:12:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

clickimage  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2006 4:21:29 PM(UTC)
clickimage

More thoughts on this problem...

Code:
line 79: Set objFile = objUpload.Files("SourceFile_1")

The above line I changed "SourceFile_1" to "invalid_name" and received the same "Object Required error". So this is telling me that there is a problem in the uploader code that the server-side upload code is being posted without any files. So when I try to set "SourceFile_1" I get the error. Has anyone else hit this or has it been reported as an error?

I have added code to get the intFileCount and if it's 0 then don't attempt to upload anything. I'll see how this works, but I'm still concerned if an image was intended to upload, but the uploader fields are empty due to a problem in parallelism or if the server upload code is being called twice or what the problem is. I will certainly find out if customers say they are uploading 80 images, but only 79 make it.

Remember I have the property to only upload 1 image at a time. Therefore, I always only look at "SourceFile_1" and I don't loop for SourceFile_2... Is it possible that 1 image is uploaded, but it is contained in the "SourceFile_2 field? If the code detects that the intFileCount = 1 but the "SourceFile_1" is still producing the object required error, I'll be really concerned.

Thanks for any additional input and I'll keep this thread updated on my findings.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 19, 2007 2:52:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alex Makhov  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2006 3:27:34 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

Quote:
Set objFile = objUpload.Files("SourceFile_1")

The problem is in the objUpload object. It is empty or nothing or whatever. It looks like there is a limit of such objects to be created at the same time. Try to check if the objUpload object was created correctly and this is my idea for you.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
clickimage  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2006 6:45:13 AM(UTC)
clickimage

Hello Alex,

We have added the following code before line 79 above:

Code:
intFileCount = objUpload.Form("FileCount")(1)

This catches that the number of files being uploaded is 0. If it is 0, then we return control back to the uploader. This does seem to happen quite often, but we are never able to recreate it during our testing. Again, it does seem to happen when multiple people are uploading at the same time. Is it normal for the uploader to post up to upload with no files? Any advice you have is great!

Edited by user Wednesday, December 19, 2007 2:53:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alex Makhov  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2006 5:10:33 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

Image Uploader does not allow uploading less than one file to the server per one request. You could try to make a page which would post files by using the standard form. I think the problem will occur using this page too because the reason of the problem is not in Image Uploader but in the server-side upload processing.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!