Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
janetsmith  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:25:55 AM(UTC)
janetsmith

Groups: Member

Hi,

My code is using OBJECT element-based syntax.

I understand using the javascript can ensure future cross platform ability,

but currently my target platform is IE only, so there is no point to change the code just for the scalable feature.

I have developed my code using IU v3.5. I don't want to spend time to study the whole manual and do the testing again. As the matter of fact, since IU v4 claims to be compatible with IU 3.5, I have tested my code with IU 4.0, unfortunately, It fails to run.

It very hard for me to debug with Javascript. It takes time. I have spend a lot of time studying IU 3.5, now I have to spend on IU 4.0 again :(

I wish you guys can provide example using OBJECT element-based syntax for IU 4.0.

And also, I cann't get the IU v3.5. I plant to use it to develop my web application before purchasing it. The development is in final stage now. Due to eval period has expired, I wish to extend the eval period of IU v3.5.

Last time when Microsoft announced that they are going to support ASP.NET, and abandon Classic ASP. Although ASP.NET seems promising, a lot of ASP programmer feel frustrated, including me. It seems like because of few extra functions, all the time spend on studying the class asp has been wasted, and the classic ASP programmers have to learn from scratch again. Now Aurigma is forcing ppl to use the Javascript syntax :(

The point is, try to reduce the learning period for the existing customer.

So I hope:

1. I can extend the eval period of IU v3.5 until i purchase it

2. Please provide OBJECT element-based syntax for the example. Debugging javascript syntax takes me alot of time as I am not familiar with this, thus I have to spend extra time before I make purchase. Your ultimate intention is to make ppl purchase it as soon as possible, isn't it?

Fedor  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:42:21 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Quote:
1. I can extend the eval period of IU v3.5 until i purchase it

Please submit case to get Image Uploader 3.5 with extended trial period.

Quote:
2. Please provide OBJECT element-based syntax for the example. Debugging javascript syntax takes me alot of time as I am not familiar with this, thus I have to spend extra time before I make purchase. Your ultimate intention is to make ppl purchase it as soon as possible, isn't it?

Image Uploader 4.0 has new CLASSID and CAB file name:

Here is old code:

Code:
<object type="application/x-oleobject" 
    classid="clsid:A18962F6-E6ED-40B1-97C9-1FB36F38BFA8" width="770" height="500" 
    CodeBase="ImageUploader3.cab#version=3,5,258,0" id="ImageUploader" name="ImageUploader">

Here is new one:

Code:
<object type="application/x-oleobject" 
    classid="clsid:6E5E167B-1566-4316-B27F-0DDAB3484CF7" width="770" height="500" 
    CodeBase="ImageUploader4.cab#version=4,0,35,0" id="ImageUploader" name="ImageUploader">

Please note that with OBJECT tag there are problems with well-known Internet Explorer update. After installing it the browser requires user to activate ActiveX controls before interaction with them. Using iuembed.js allows to eliminate this problem.

This major Internet Explorer behaviour change is the main reason why we have included iumbed.js based examples only.

Quote:
Now Aurigma is forcing ppl to use the Javascript syntax :(

Not we, but Microsoft forces us to use JavaScript for ActiveX controls embedding.

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:36:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

janetsmith  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2006 10:56:28 AM(UTC)
janetsmith

Groups: Member

Quote:
Not we, but Microsoft forces us to use JavaScript for ActiveX controls embedding.

oic, thanks for the information given :)