Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
snorkel  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2006 11:33:04 PM(UTC)
snorkel

Groups: Member

Is it possible to embed the ImageUploader ActiveX object within a desktop application?

I've tried doing this with an MFC project, and while the UI seemed to work, I received the following errors in the MSVS Output window as the control was loading while debugging the application:

Code:
First-chance exception at 0x7c81eb33 (kernel32.dll) in testaurigma.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: ImagingFramework::UnexpectedException at memory location 0x0154f65c..
First-chance exception at 0x7c81eb33 (kernel32.dll) in testaurigma.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: ImagingFramework::NotInitializedException at memory location 0x0154edf0..

Further, when I try to start the upload process, I get an unknown error ("Image Uploader encountered some problem....")

At this time, the following is logged to the output:

Code:
First-chance exception at 0x7c81eb33 (kernel32.dll) in testaurigma.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: ImagingFramework::NotInitializedException at memory location 0x017eeb24..
First-chance exception at 0x7c81eb33 (kernel32.dll) in testaurigma.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: ImagingFramework::UnexpectedException at memory location 0x017ee25c..
First-chance exception at 0x7c81eb33 (kernel32.dll) in testaurigma.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: ImagingFramework::NotInitializedException at memory location 0x017ed9f0..
First-chance exception at 0x7c81eb33 (kernel32.dll) in testaurigma.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: ATL::CAtlException at memory location 0x017efbb8..
First-chance exception at 0x7c81eb33 (kernel32.dll) in testaurigma.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: ImagingFramework::UnexpectedException at memory location 0x017efc0c..
First-chance exception at 0x7c81eb33 (kernel32.dll) in testaurigma.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: [rethrow] at memory location 0x00000000..

I'm testing this with v3.5 of the ImageUploader and have set the following properties on the control: Action (to an upload url), LicenseKey, and ShowDebugWindow (to True, although this seems to have no effect).

I also tried v4.0 of the ImageUploader, with similar results.

Finally, if it is possible to embed the control within a desktop application, do the same license terms apply? (i.e., a single license per hostname that the component uploads to)

Thanks!

Edited by user Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:57:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fedor  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2006 11:41:34 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello,

In general we have tested Image Uploader ActiveX control in Internet Explorer container only.

Our developers will try to build simple desktop application and post our results here.
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
George Ulyanov  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2006 3:26:09 PM(UTC)
George Ulyanov

Hi,

Sorry for the long delay. I tested ImageUploader ActiveX version in MFC application. And it works.
I wrote a small dialog based app and add an object-wrapper into it (IImageUploader -> CImageUploader).
Then I created public member (CImageUploader *m_pImageUploader) and used to work with it.

Well, if you need to know more or want to know anything else - write me or post the messages here.

--
Best regards,
Monty.

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2008 7:16:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
George Ulyanov
Fedor  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2006 1:00:50 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Monty,

Could you post the sample MFC project?
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
George Ulyanov  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2006 5:05:29 PM(UTC)
George Ulyanov

I wouldn't like to post the whole code here. Just tell what I have done for successful result :)

IDE: Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

1) Created new project: MFC Application, dialog-based.
2) Choose "Add class..." from menu "Project" .
3) Choose "MFC Class From ActiveX Control".
4) In the opened wizard: choose "Available ActiveX controls" - Image Uploader Control (don't forget to register Image Uploader Control by regsvr32 utility!). IImageUploader appeared in the interfaces list. Add (">>") it into "Generated classes". All other settings are by default.
5) In the header file: My project was named "IU4Holder5". I included generated "CImageUploader.h" into "IU4Holder5Dlg.h".
Then, in the public members area I placed a new member "CImageUploader m_objImageUploader;".
6) In the source file ("IU4Holder5.cpp"): I wrote initialization code in the method "OnInitDialog(...)", after "TODO:" section:

Code:
CRect rect;
GetClientRect(&rect);
m_objImageUploader.Create(_T("ImageUploader embedded"), _T("ImageUploader"), WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, rect, this, 1234);
m_objImageUploader.put_Layout(_T("ThreePanes"));
m_objImageUploader.put_Action(_T("http://localhost/iu/ax/basicsample/makedumptofolder.aspx"));
m_objImageUploader.put_FolderPaneHeight(300);
m_objImageUploader.put_TreePaneWidth(300);
m_objImageUploader.ShowWindow(SW_SHOW);

7) In the header file ("IU4Holder5.h"): I used to add the standard destructor ("~CIU4Holder5()") and new message handler "afx_msg void OnDestroy();".
8) In the source file ("IU4Holder5.cpp"): I wrote the body for constructor and placed the destruction code there:

Code:
if (::IsWindow(m_objImageUploader.GetSafeHwnd()))
{
	m_objImageUploader.DestroyWindow();
}

9) The same file: Add "ON_WM_DESTROY()" for the message handler "OnDestroy()", and wrote the body for it:

Code:
void CIU4Holder5Dlg::OnDestroy()
{
	return;
}

...Thats it. Do the same and you will get the Image Uploader Control Holder to work.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:57:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
George Ulyanov