Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lmginn  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:46:03 AM(UTC)
lmginn

Groups: Member

I have ImageUploader 3.5 and Graphics Mill 2.0.
When uploading I create 2 thumbnails 1 thumbnail is (120x90) for displaying multiple images on a single web page and the other (600x450) is for preview.

On the server I have Graphics Mill create a watermark using the DrawOnBitmap routine. (objWMBitmap.DrawOnBitmap objBitmap,0,0,,,,,,, CombineModeAlpha, CombineOpacity, InterpolationModeHighQuality)

My problem is that the uploader compresses the image and the second thumbnail (600x450) is compressed again by the DrawOnBitmap routine. Is there another way of adding a watermark without compressing it twice? What am I doing wrong?

I have the UploadThumbnail1JpegQuality parameter of the uploader set to 100.
The original jpg is 1.75MB
When not using the DrawOnBitmap routine, the image file size is ~160KB.
When using both ImageUploader and DrawOnBitmap the image file size is ~26KB.
-LM Ginn
Andrew  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:28:43 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
The only way to eliminate double recompression is to generate thumbnails by Graphics Mill rather than by Image Uploader. But if you do not upload original file, Graphics Mill can put watermark only on thumbnail you send instead of original file.

However if you configure JPEG quality properly you should not have noticeable problems with quality (although it degrade more or less). What code you use to save watermarked image?

P.S. To be precise, compression is done not by DrawOnBitmap, but by SaveToFile method... :)