Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Steve Greenstein  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2005 7:15:13 AM(UTC)
Steve Greenstein

Groups: Member

I just downloaded Image Uploader to evaluate for use in a web site I've been contracted to build. I noticed earlier today that when running the demo files, the program would give me an error message on uploading using the ASP.NET demo files. I was amazed to see that just afterwards, all my files in the ImageUploader folder were gone!

This afternoon, I sat down and read the chm file and carefully went through the instructions to set up all the uploader files, putting them into the correct directories. I put the main files (default.aspx) into my web site's main folder. The uploader again gave me an error message when testing locally (XP Pro and IIS) on my development computer. I was horrified to see that all my last 2 weeks worth of work on this site (about 22 files) had been erased by Image Uploader.

What gives? This program is dangerous!

Fedor  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2005 1:46:46 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello Steve,

Quote:
Steve Greenstein (10/13/2005)

I just downloaded Image Uploader to evaluate for use in a web site I've been contracted to build. I noticed earlier today that when running the demo files, the program would give me an error message on uploading using the ASP.NET demo files. I was amazed to see that just afterwards, all my files in the ImageUploader folder were gone!

What gives? This program is dangerous!

I am sorry for troubles, but let me describe why it happened. Image Uploader is just client-side control. It can work with with different server platforms (ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, JSP and so on). For ASP.NET we deliver just sample scripts, which are not part of Image Uploader and not intended for production.

In Upload.aspx there is variable which specifies the path for storing uploaded files:

Code:
    'Don't forget to add slash at the end of the path
    Private strGalleryPath = "../Gallery/"

During upload ASP.NET script delete all files in that folder, and then save all files there. It seems that you have modified your strGalleryPath variable, so that it maps to the folder with your ASP.NET files. That's why you had this problem.

Edited by user Sunday, December 23, 2007 5:14:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

Steve Greenstein  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2005 12:07:04 AM(UTC)
Steve Greenstein

Groups: Member

>In Upload.aspx there is variable which specifies the path for storing uploaded files:

>'Don't forget to add slash at the end of the path Private strGalleryPath = "../Gallery/"

>During upload ASP.NET script delete all files in that folder, and then save all files there. It

>seems that you have modified your strGalleryPath variable, so that it maps to the folder

>wth your ASP.NET files. That's why you had this problem.

Many thanks for your reply. The web site I am developing is based on the http://www.ofoto.com site. Clients will be allowed to upload their photos for processing, viewing, etc. Am I correct in that the upload folder is just a temporary holding area for uploaded files? it sounds as though as soon as they are uploaded, they need to be moved to another folder immediately. In my case described in this posting, files were deleted immediately after the upload was finished.

One more question... Is the gallery path the path for the files to,be uploaded to or the path that contains the ImageUploader files?

Many thanks,

Steve

Edited by user Sunday, December 23, 2007 5:14:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fedor  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2005 1:13:39 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello Steve,

Quote:
Steve Greenstein (10/14/2005)

Many thanks for your reply. The web site I am developing is based on the http://www.ofoto.com site. Clients will be allowed to upload their photos for processing, viewing, etc.

BTW we have PhotoPark solution which is ofoto like. It allows to upload, edit, share, and order images. It is build using ASP.NET. If you are interested in online demo please contact us at sales@aurigma.com.

Quote:
Steve Greenstein (10/14/2005)

Am I correct in that the upload folder is just a temporary holding area for uploaded files? it sounds as though as soon as they are uploaded, they need to be moved to another folder immediately. In my case described in this posting, files were deleted immediately after the upload was finished.

Upload.aspx is just sample how to process uploaded fiedls on server. You can modify this script to save uploaded files into final place wihout using temporary folder. Please see Upload.aspx source code for more info.

Quote:
One more question... Is the gallery path the path for the files to,be uploaded to or the path that contains the ImageUploader files?

It is path for the files to be uploaded.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:42:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov