Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tryit  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2005 3:33:00 AM(UTC)
tryit

Groups: Member

Hi,

I am trying your demo but cannot see the lefthand side explorer pane in IE 6.

I am connecting via proxy and firewall.

It has the same problem with both ActiveX and Java versions.

Is this a known issue?
Fedor  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2005 5:48:00 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello,

Do you see control or applet at all? Could you send us the screenshot of what you see. The most possible reason of problem is that ActiveX controls and Java applets are blocked at your proxy or firewall at all.
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
tryit  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2005 6:12:00 PM(UTC)
tryit

On the PC, Firefox works! This suggests that the problem is not related to proxy or firewall.

My IE security setting is default (medium) and Java (Sun) Use Java v1.4.2_03 for (applet) is enabled. With "Basis Sample" demo, I only see the buttons -- Select All, Deselect All, Stop and Upload. I don't see the Applet is being loaded as I see in Firefox.

Fedor  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2005 6:23:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Hello,

On the PC, Firefox works! This suggests that the problem is not related to proxy or firewall.

My IE security setting is default (medium) and Java (Sun) Use Java v1.4.2_03 for (applet) is enabled.

It means that your firewall doesn't block Java applets, but still can block ActiveX controls. Our demo is built such way, that it displays ActiveX control for Internet Explorer on Windows and Java applets for all other browsers and platforms.

"Basis Sample" demo, I only see the buttons -- Select All, Deselect All, Stop and Upload. I don't see the Applet is being loaded as I see in Firefox.

These buttons are not part of Image Uploader, they are just external images in HTML and are displayed always.

Do you see Java applet in Internet Explorer?

http://www.aurigma.com/Products...nlineDemo.aspx#BasicDemo

Don't you have any antispyware on your computer which could block ActiveX controls?

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2008 4:48:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
tryit  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2005 12:53:00 AM(UTC)
tryit

I did try all the three options -- ActiveX, Java and the auto one. All give me the save result in IE.

For Java, the online demo works in Forefox. But the Applet is not started in IE. As I said, this indicates that the problem is not related with firewall/proxy. Then I tried http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/netrexx/scribble.html -- this Applet works in IE.

What version and patch level of IE is required?
Fedor  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2005 2:29:00 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Hello,

For Java, the online demo works in Forefox. But the Applet is not started in IE. As I said, this indicates that the problem is not related with firewall/proxy. Then I tried http://www-306.ibm.com/s...ls/netrexx/scribble.html -- this Applet works in IE.

It is very interesting problem. Applet on IBM web site is embedded using tag and built using Java 1.1. So way it can run on your computer using Microsoft Java Machine instead Sun one.

On other Image Uploader for Java runs only on Sun Java 1.4 and later, and it is embedded to HTML using the same tag as for our ActiveX control. Moreover Sun Java 1.4 applet in Internet Explorer is actually ActiveX control, which hosts Java Virtual Machine, which loads itself Java applet. So way we need to check whether your Internet Explorer can display ActiveX controls at all.

For example please go to Microsoft Windows Update web site and check whether ActiveX control installation dialog will be displayed for you:

http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
Fedor  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2005 3:04:00 AM(UTC)
Fedor

BTW, here is screen which you should see if you use Windows XP SP 2:

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Monday, December 21, 2009 12:26:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fedor attached the following image(s):
WindowsUpdateActiveXInstallation.jpg
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
tryit  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2005 6:45:00 AM(UTC)
tryit

OK -- both ActiveX and Java work now. What I have done is to clear out my IE cache and temporary files.

Thanks very much for your help!
Fedor  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2005 11:49:00 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Nice :)
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov