Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
matissen  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2004 8:21:00 PM(UTC)
matissen

Groups: Member

I'm trying out the Demo and seem to get most of it working. However, I can't seem to be able to remove "DescriptionsVisible" just by editing parem to "False".

When changing the classid it can be removed, but then the ThreePanes does not seem to work. (I found two different here on the forums)

Does anyone know why this is?

I am new at this, but it seems to be a powerful program. If it works the way we want, we will buy it and use it to upload imaged for customers that we later print and send to them, so I have more questions:

1) Is there anyway the customers can choose which size and papertype they want?

2) Where can they type in their name and adress, and where do I find it when they uploaded the images (does it create a document?)

3) Does it create a new folder for each upload?

4) More helpful tips (uploading etc, a workflow) for us that will help us choose and buy this program?

Thank's in advance

Andrew  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2004 10:22:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hello,

> I'm trying out the Demo and seem to get most of it working. However, I can't seem to be able to remove "DescriptionsVisible" just by editing parem to "False".

In Image Uploader 2.0 property DescriptionsVisible is renamed to ShowDescriptions:

> When changing the classid it can be removed, but then the ThreePanes does not seem to work. (I found two different here on the forums)

When you specify CLSID of the first version of Image Uploader, you get it working because property which enables/disables descriptions where called DescriptionsVisible indeed. But there where no Layout property at all.

> 1) Is there anyway the customers can choose which size and papertype they want?

You can add additional HTML form and specify its name in AdditionalFormName property. The form data will be uploaded along with files. See a code sample for Image Uploader (additional input field containing author name is sent there).

Please let me know if you have any problems with it.

> 2) Where can they type in their name and adress, and where do I find it when they uploaded the images (does it create a document?)

You can use the same approach as with size/paper type, however as usual it is implemented in another way. Before making an order user should register (or login if he is already registered). All the personal details are entered on the registration form. You just store it in database and retrieve just user ID instead of all the details.

> 3) Does it create a new folder for each upload?

Image Uploader is just client-side ActiveX control, it does not perform any actions on server. All the job is done by server script you submit files to. So if you need to create a new folder for each upload, change the script.

The code samples shipped with Image Uploader just delete previously uploaded files. I guess you need another behaviour which greatly depends on your site business logic. That's why treat code sample just as guidelines how to write such scripts.

> 4) More helpful tips (uploading etc, a workflow) for us that will help us choose and buy this program?

I recommend you to read Using Image Uploader section in our documentation for better understanding concepts of Image Uploader.

Please tell about your project more detailed so that I could give more thorough tip.

matissen  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2004 11:33:00 PM(UTC)
matissen

Thank's for the answer. Here is a more detailed description of the workflow I'm looking for:

1) User choose their images using ImageUploader using Layout = ThreePan.

2) A new folder is created, and images are uploaded to that folder (folder name is same as what the customer typed as lastname using "AdditionalFormName" if possible)

3) Somewhere along the way, there has to be a possibilty to choose between different sizes and papertypes (remember the customer might want one image in two different sizes / papers!)

4) The choices made regerding size / paper has to either:

a) be written to a document with filename first, then the different choices, size / papertype

b) rename the filename with filname + the different choices

What we are after is something like this:

www.order.proprint.se/

(click on the lefthand side on "ladda upp bilder", and then choose "Flera bilder samtidigt (internet explorer)". They here use your program.

Do you have any other tips on how to do this?

I did get the ShowDesciptions = false to work without a problem. Thank's!

Fedor  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2004 11:19:00 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
What is you server platform (ASP, ASP.NET, PHP and so on)? I will post here sample how to implement choosing between different sizes and papertypes, and it will help to clarify workflow.
Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

matissen  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2004 3:26:00 PM(UTC)
matissen

The server platform is PHP. It would be great if you could post samples on how to do it.

I really appriciate the help! :)

matissen  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2004 5:10:00 PM(UTC)
matissen

Anyone???
Fedor  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2004 6:37:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Sorry for delay. I will post sample here in several hours.
Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

Fedor  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2004 11:57:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

I have made sample how to add selection of qunaity, paper size and type to sample uploading PHP script. This sample is intended for MySQL database and following table is used for storing info about files:

Code:
CREATE TABLE `file` (
  `FileName` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  `Width` int(11) default NULL,
  `Height` int(11) default NULL,
  `Description` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `Quantity1` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `Format1` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '10x15',
  `PaperType1` varchar(50) NOT NULL default 'Matte',
  `Quantity2` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `Format2` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '10x15',
  `PaperType2` varchar(50) NOT NULL default 'Matte',
  UNIQUE KEY `FileName` (`FileName`)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

You can find sample script in attachments.

File Attachment(s):
ImageUploader2_PHP_OrderPhoto.zip (6kb) downloaded 115 time(s).
Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

Fedor  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2004 4:09:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Hello,

I have created several screenshots of sample script posted yesterday:

1. User registers on site or logins with existing account.

2. User creates new album where uploads new photos.

UserPostedImage

4. User select paper, format, and quantity for each photo he wants to print.

UserPostedImage

5. User places order.

In application I put yesterday there is only startup PHP sample how to make selection of paper, format, and quantity. A sample for ASP.NET will be available soon.

Edited by user Monday, December 21, 2009 2:47:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fedor attached the following image(s):
ImageUploader2_PHP_OrderPhoto_1.jpg
ImageUploader2_PHP_OrderPhoto_2.jpg
Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

rck  
#10 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2005 10:26:00 AM(UTC)
rck

Hi,

I just downloaded your software, after reading this thread, I also downloaded php and mysql sample. I configured the mysql correctly but it does not seem to work I think because I have the latest (.cab)version. Is there anything I can do to get this sample to work.

Fedor  
#11 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2005 12:56:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Hello,

This sample is for Image Uploader 2.x. In order to run it with Image Uploadr 3.x you need to update <object> tag in index.php, as it is described in Upgrading from Image Uploader 2.x topic.

Before:

Code:
<object type="application/x-oleobject" classid="clsid:FD18DD5E-B398-452A-B22A-B54636BA9F0D" width="770" height="500"
   CodeBase="../ImageUploader2.cab" id="ImageUploader" name="ImageUploader">

After:

Code:
<object type="application/x-oleobject" classid="clsid:A18962F6-E6ED-40B1-97C9-1FB36F38BFA8" width="770" height="500"
   CodeBase="ImageUploader3.cab" id="ImageUploader" name="ImageUploader">
</object>

Also don't forget to put ImageUploader3.cab from our last evaluatipn package to the folder with index.php file.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:38:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

rck  
#12 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2005 10:05:00 PM(UTC)
rck

ok I got it to work on my remote server, but not on my local server as a (http://localhost).

but the remote server returned this error

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/httpd/vhosts/abcderfg.com/httpdocs/phpactivex/PictureGallery.php on line 119

I changed the domain name I would like to keep this off till I am done with my project

thank you

Robert