Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Raghavendra Mudugal  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2005 9:36:00 PM(UTC)
Raghavendra Mudugal

Groups: Member

Hello,

I have installed .net component of aurigma and have developed a page that shows the

selected image from the list box in the bitmap viewer.

Now I want to change the mouse mode of the "Viewer" to "Select" any part of the image

and adjust the HSL of the selected region by choosing the color (standard 16 colors).

How am i going to do this. I have this done in VB6.0 application and it works fine. There

we have mouse_mode enumeration to set it to "Select" mode and we can adjust the color.

What is the ways (or step) to follow with ASP.NET aurigma component.

Hope to receive your response very soon

Many Thanks :D

With Regards,

Raghavendra Mudugal

Andrew  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2005 3:54:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi Raghavendra,

It is better to post a message to the Graphics Mill for .NET forum for this.

I expect that it will be not as easy to implement polygon selection in the Web control (since JavaScript has more limited drawing features comparing to VB6). But I believe there is some way out for this.

Also I recommend you to examine Photo Crop code sample distributed with Graphics Mill for .NET. It will give you an idea how to apply effects with the Web control, and how to draw rectangular selection at the BitmapViewer control.

Raghavendra Mudugal  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2005 5:29:00 PM(UTC)
Raghavendra Mudugal

Hello Andrew

I was knowing to post this to .NET form, but I saw some threads for asking help on .NET.

So I thought I can post here itsself.

I am already looking to the code of the Photo Crop sample. Hope it might help me.

1.And If I make a selection can I adjust HSL of the selection region?

2.As we have the Color Dialog for picking color, Is this supported by .NET component

if I show this dialog to pick the color on the client-side rather than putting in the HTML

format?

Thank You for the help.

With Regards,

Raghavendra Mudugal

Andrew  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2005 9:27:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

> I was knowing to post this to .NET form, but I saw some threads for asking help on .NET.

So I thought I can post here itsself.

We have released a .NET version quite recently (in the beginning of this year). Before it an ActiveX version of Graphics Mill was used in .NET applications.

> 1.And If I make a selection can I adjust HSL of the selection region?

Yes, absolutely in the same way as with Windows controls.

> 2. As we have the Color Dialog for picking color, Is this supported by .NET component

if I show this dialog to pick the color on the client-side rather than putting in the HTML

format?

We do not have a color picker ASP.NET control. But I think it is possible to find ready color picker written at JavaScript... Also, you mentioned that you need 16 fixed colors. So I think it makes sense to use simple colored drop-down list.

Raghavendra Mudugal  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2005 1:58:00 PM(UTC)
Raghavendra Mudugal

Hello Andrew

I just got confused when I read the reply of Fedor Skvortsov in the .NET form where i posted

"Trapping X and Y Coordinates" and the comment you made on the first point (adjusting HSL)

Here what the Fedor Skvortsov said (for your reference, you need not to go that form and look and come back in here)

==

"All limitation of web controls are limitation of HTML and current browsers. For example web controls doesn't support displaying image with alpha channel (due the well-known PNG bug of Internet Explorer), as well as it is very difficult to implement freehand and curves drawing.

As Aurigma Graphics Mill Web Controls is shipped with server-side anf client-side source code, you can easily enhance and extend it. "

==

So, is that related to HSL adjustment or, something else. And you said we can to in the same

way as in windows component.

Please help me out on this.

Thank You

With Regards,

Raghavendra Mudugal

Andrew  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:40:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Fedor just means that it is quite difficult to draw polygons at Web control in the same way as I done in VB6. HTML and JavaScript does not support drawing slanting lines. The way out would be to use VML, however it will work in Internet Explorer only.

In regard to HSL adjustment, it is not a problem, because it is done at the server side.

The workflow is the following:

1. Image is loaded into the Web control. In other words it is downloaded to the client computer and displayed in user's browser.

2. User points the coordinates of polygon or selects the region in any other way.

3. User clicks "Recolor" button (or something like this). At this moment the coordinates of the polygon are posted to the server.

4. Server script accepts these coordinates and uses a Graphics Mill to recolor the image.

5. The updated image is sent to the user's browser again.

All the difficulties Fedor mentioned in that post is how to make the user to select a target region.

Raghavendra Mudugal  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2005 7:08:00 PM(UTC)
Raghavendra Mudugal

Ok, Andrew, thanks a lot for the information and the time you gave it. Now lots of informations are cleared about the ActiveX. I am still working on it and if there any,

I will drop it here in the form.

Thank you So much :)

With Regards,

Raghavendra Mudugal