Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bizzy  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2005 10:33:00 AM(UTC)
bizzy

Groups: Member

I would be interested in knowing who has had luck with installing the Java version? Also what is the beta build number (version you are using?)

Also what is the experience in terms of features, performance and support?

Thanks.
bizzy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2005 8:36:00 PM(UTC)
bizzy

Since I see no responses we can assume that people are busy and have not responded or that no installs have happened to provide a review. I still hope it is the former and that people can provide us a brief response if not a detailed one. Thanks in advance.
BenSeb  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2005 9:48:00 PM(UTC)
BenSeb

I've tried it but as the only layout is the 3 pane i dont really like it TwoPane is much better

It also takes AGES to load the thumbnails - I tried with a 450mb folder of images (all around 1.5mb each) and thumbnailing took about 15 mins.

It also seems to take a long time to load the applet, even if I have visited the page before?
Fedor  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2005 10:04:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
I've tried it but as the only layout is the 3 pane i dont really like it TwoPane is much better

It will be added in Image Uploader for Java 1.1.

It also takes AGES to load the thumbnails - I tried with a 450mb folder of images (all around 1.5mb each) and thumbnailing took about 15 mins.

Unfortunately Java version doesn't support fast EXIF thumbnails extraction as ActiveX version does, that's why speed is not very good. On other side we have implemented thumbanil loading optimization in current version, so that currrently scrolled thumbnails were loaded first.

It also seems to take a long time to load the applet, even if I have visited the page before?

At that time as ActiveX controls are always cached on client side, Java applets are not, and you need explicty enable caching. On this week we will lrelease final documentation and samples for Java version where we will show how to enable caching.
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
lions  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2005 9:38:00 AM(UTC)
lions

I am very happy with the Java version of the uploader when it loads up. I have had an issue when using the Java version with IE and the Mac.

The Java version uploads pictures faster than the ActiveX version. I have done a few tests and have found the fastest uploads are with just a plain file widget. The next fastest is the Java version which is not much slower than the plain file widgets. The activex version is quite a bit slower to upload pictures than the other two methods though. I do like the options that the Java version comes with. It would be nice if it had all the features of the ActiveX but the features that it does include are great.

I am using the RC candidate of the Java version and version 3.5 of the Image Uploader.

Why do people who use the Java version in IE have to download the activeX component? In the sample page it included the following code : iu.activeXControlCodeBase="/ImageUploader3.cab#version=3,5,4,0";

I hope that it is released soon so I can remove the Trial Version dialogue!

Overall good job Aurigma on your Java uploader! :)