Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
photoguy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2005 1:38:00 AM(UTC)
photoguy

Groups: Member

Have been following the Java and 3.5 release saga closely, and it's really become quite a bad showing because so many promised dates (I've lost count) have come and gone.

The betas are available but this doesn't help because even with a "final" release there is a risk of being a guinea pig so going production with a beta is like being a double guinea pig.

Aurigma makes good software, or we wouldn't be customer. Good engineers but you have been terrible at managing expectations.

I would like to ask when the lastest expected release date is for Java and 3.5 - but please consider the following as answers:

1) We are still finding x bugs per day, and the release could take up to another month depending on when the bug rate stabilizes

2) We are really focussing on Java first, then 3.5 may take a few weeks to finalize after that

I am giving these sample answers as a way to avoid broken promises.

Software is a difficult and unpredicatable beast - this is unavoidable. But giving honest and realistic answers is possible and I think necessary to Aurigma's success going forward.
Fedor  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2005 11:33:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello,

1) We are still finding x bugs per day, and the release could take up to another month depending on when the bug rate stabilizes

Image Uploader features are frozen and it is tested on all major OS/browser platfroms, so I don't think it will much time to get stable final version. I think already on this week you will get version ready for production.

2) We are really focussing on Java first, then 3.5 may take a few weeks to finalize after that

Image Uploader for Java update with last JARs and all samples will be posted on our forum today.

View post

In this version we show how to migrate all samples of Image Uploader 3.x for ActiveX to Image Uploader 1.0 for Java.
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
Fedor  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2005 2:09:00 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
You can download release candidate version here:

ImageUploader10ForJava_RC.zip

This version includes all samples of ActiveX version migrated for using with Java version.

Now only samples for ASP.NET available, but as ActiveX and Java versions send data to the server in the same format, you can use server code from ActiveX samples.

Final version with all docs and samples will be finally available on this week.
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov