Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jeromewilson  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2005 1:19:00 AM(UTC)
jeromewilson

Groups: Member

Hi,

We have a customer who is pretty much unable to use Image Uploader because they get the 'connection interrupted' error all the time. Unfortunately, the retry option (we've installed version 3) doesn't seem to help.

It's difficult to try to diagnose the problem, as it works fine for us here (accessing the same website), but I can only assume that there's some sort of problem with their network / Internet connection.

Have you ever managed to determine any causes of the problem? I'm going to talk to their head of IT in the UK tomorrow and it would be good if I could suggest what the problem might be.

I was also wondering what issues will be addressed by version 3.5, mainly in the hope that there might be something that magically fixes the 'connection interrupted' problem :)

Thanks for your help.
Fedor  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2005 2:07:00 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
We have a customer who is pretty much unable to use Image Uploader because they get the 'connection interrupted' error all the time. Unfortunately, the retry option (we've installed version 3) doesn't seem to help.

Please try to upload totally the same files as your customer, as problem can be in limit of upload size on your server. On other side the problem can be in client configuration (firewall or so on). To check please create simple html form with and ask your customer to upoad via it. If it will fail too, then problem is not in Image Uploader.

I was also wondering what issues will be addressed by version 3.5, mainly in the hope that there might be something that magically fixes the 'connection interrupted' problem :)

It will fix minor problems like missing column sorts and incomplete signature filter. There is not opened critical bugs in current version.
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
shawno  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2005 3:37:00 PM(UTC)
shawno

Fedor,

I've got a similar it issue - for us it works fine but for her she has tried just about everything without any luck. She is only trying to upload 1 photo so it woudn't be size. I'm thinking its more to do with client side issues (firewall) but I haven't yet asked her to try your suggestion. Not concerned at this stage because everything else appears to work.

Shawno
Fedor  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2005 7:53:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Shawno,

To check it please also try to test it using html form with .
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
shawno  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2005 12:36:00 AM(UTC)
shawno

Hello Fedor,

I am still running v3.0 but will hopefully upgrade next week to v3.5.

A question for you in relation to this error. If a user has installed the Image uploader using an old version of Windows, and then they upgrade to a later of version of Windows - does this cause any conflict with the Aurigma product? The reason why I am asking, we have had more and more enquiries over the past few weeks saying that the 'connection failed' or it says it was successful but no photos appear. Yet this error only happens to a small % of our users.

Thanks

Shawno

PS - Can't wait to install the new version!
Fedor  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2005 8:48:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

If a user has installed the Image uploader using an old version of Windows, and then they upgrade to a later of version of Windows - does this cause any conflict with the Aurigma product?

No, it should not. Image Uploader is just one OCX file so it should cause no problem.

The reason why I am asking, we have had more and more enquiries over the past few weeks saying that the 'connection failed' or it says it was successful but no photos appear. Yet this error only happens to a small % of our users.

I don't think this problem is connected with Image Uploader client. Base on your words "it says it was successful but no photos appear. ", it seems there are problem in your server code. Image Uploader show message "Upload Complete" always when receive response code with number 200 and it doesn't matter whether files were actually saved on server.

Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov