Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chart  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 10:15:15 AM(UTC)
chart

Groups: Member

Hi,

I am using the ImageUploaderFlash control on my ASP.net page and processing the uploaded file using the FileUploaded event handler server side. This works great except for some reason I cannot update any of the other controls (such as the text property of a textbox) on the page from this event handler. I set there values but they are not updated on the page when the process is complete. The only work around I can come up with is to store the values in the database then do a redirect to the same page and read them form the db. Is there a better way around this? Perhaps a way to make the uploader do a normal postback?

Thanks

Charles
chart  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 5:22:54 AM(UTC)
chart

Some additional info... I have been trying several things to get around this and have noticed that the properties of the controls (textbox contents) are empty during upload handler events. Even though the page life cycle events are raised, it seems the viewstate is not sent back to the server and then not updated on render. I need to be able to trigger a normal postback somehow in order to update the page contents after the image is uploaded. I know the control allows a redirect after upload and I can redirect to the same page, but this causes all of the page content entered prior to the upload to be lost. Is there a way to execute a script client side upon upload complete?
chart  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 9:55:59 AM(UTC)
chart

I figured it out after looking at the Sample Apps and using the BeforUploand and AfterUpload events.