Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fedor  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2004 11:56:00 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Several day ago we have downloaded from MSDN and installed final Windows XP Service Pack 2 where Microsoft added ActiveX controls blocking.

During Image Uploader installation Internet Explorer will show icon in status bar and alert panel instead of installation dialog as before:

UserPostedImage

After click on alert panel user will see:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Microsoft has published several articles on MSDN concerning prepairing web site for SP2. Here are some of them:

Fine-Tune Your Web Site for Windows XP Service Pack 2

How to Make Your Web Site Work with Windows XP Service Pack 2

We will post here in the nearest time detailed instructions what you should to do in order your site worked perfectly with SP2.

Note, Windows XP SP2 requires that all executive files inside of CAB also was signed. You can download CAB file for Image Uploader 2.5 with signed OCX inside here:

ImageUploader2CabOnly.zip

if you have private label version of control you can resign CAB yourself with following BAT file:

Code:
"signcode.exe" -a sha1 -spc "c:\certificate\company\mycert.spc" -v "c:\certificate\company\company.pvk" -n "Aurigma Image Uploader 3.0" -i "http://www.aurigma.com/products/imageuploader" -ky signature -t "http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll" "c:\ImageUploader3.ocx"

"C:\CABSDK\CABARC.EXE" -m LZX:21 -s 6144 n ImageUploader3.cab "C:\ImageUploader3.ocx" "C:\ImageUploader3.inf"

"signcode.exe" -a sha1 -spc "c:\certificate\company\mycert.spc" -v "c:\certificate\company\company.pvk" -n "Aurigma Image Uploader 3.0" -i "http://www.aurigma.com/products/imageuploader" -ky signature -t "http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll" "c:\ImageUploader3.cab"

=============================

Topic was edited by Fedor at August 17, 2004

Edited by user Monday, December 24, 2007 5:05:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

praxisinc  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2004 10:09:00 AM(UTC)
praxisinc

Groups: Member

Do you mean that anyone who has installed WinXP SP2 in his/her computer will not be able to use the Uploader?

Or, anyone who is currently using the uploader, but just installed WinXP SP2?

Thanks for your support

Fedor  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2004 1:22:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Do you mean that anyone who has installed WinXP SP2 in his/her computer will not be able to use the Uploader?

Or, anyone who is currently using the uploader, but just installed WinXP SP2?

First of all I want to say that in both cases users can use Image Uploader. If user had Image Uploader on his computer and then installed SP2 then he can continue to use it without any problems.

The other case is when user has installed SP2 and hasn't Image Uploader on his computer. In this case installation process is different then before.

It is possible that your web site just requires minor improvements in order it was ready for Windows XP SP2. We will post detailed instructions about it here in the nearest ime.

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

praxisinc  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2004 11:32:00 PM(UTC)
praxisinc

Groups: Member

Oh.. I understand better, but I have a couple more questions:

1. With the instructions you will post soon, the issue will be solved 100%, I mean it will be like it used to be before?

2. Image Uploader v.3 will have the same issue for new users and/or for upgrade users?

3. I forgot to ask about it: "..Note, Windows XP SP2 requires that all executive files inside of CAB also was signed. You can download CAB file for Image Uploader 2.5 with signed OCX inside here: ImageUploader2CabOnly.zip..." Does it mean if I dont upload this new CAB file to my server, new users will have to do several clicks in order to install it? or it means that in order to install Image Uploader for new users that have WinXPSP2, I have to have this new CAB in my server? or it means something else?

4. In order to install this new CAB, I only have to copy & paste this CAB to my server and replace the old one, or I have to change the version or something else?

Fedor, Image Uploader is a great product, we love it. Just want to make sure I'll have the right answers for my clients when they face this issue.

Thanks again for your great support!

Fedor  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2004 10:55:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

1. When you say installation process is different, do you mean it will be a couple more clicks, or it is more than that, can you please be more specific?

2. With the instructions you will post soon, the issue will be solved 100%, I mean it will be like it used to be before?

It will be just on ONE click more than before. You also need to put on your site instructions for users as well as add correct checking of successfuly control installation. In general you just need to follow up latest Microsoft recomendations about using ActiveX controls on site.

3. Image Uploader v.3 will have the same issue for new users and/or for upgrade users?

The installation process will be the same for new and upgrade users, as Image Uploader 2.5 and 3.0 are different controls. However for futher updates the modal dialog as before will be shown.

4. I forgot to ask about it: "..Note, Windows XP SP2 requires that all executive files inside of CAB also was signed. You can download CAB file for Image Uploader 2.5 with signed OCX inside here: ImageUploader2CabOnly.zip..." Does it mean if I dont upload this new CAB file to my server, new users will have to do several clicks in order to install it? or it means that in order to install Image Uploader for new users that have WinXPSP2, I have to have this new CAB in my server? or it means something else?

It will be installed in both case the same way whether executive inside is signed or not. However if executive inside willn't be signed then it will be displayed in Internet Explorer Add-ons as Not verified.

"If (Not verified) is displayed in the Publisher column, the add-on itself is not digitally signed even though the program that installed it might be. " - Microsoft Internet Explorer Help

So it is recomended to have signed executive inside of CAB in order to raise trust. It will also prevent further automatic updates of control.

5. In order to install this new CAB, I only have to copy & paste this CAB to my server and replace the old one, or I have to change the version or something else?

Yes, just copy. Version info is the same before:

Topic was edited by Fedor at August 22, 2004

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

Fedor  
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2004 7:46:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

1. With the instructions you will post soon, the issue will be solved 100%, I mean it will be like it used to be before?

Read following article:

Compatibility Recommendations for Windows XP Service Pack 2

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov