Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
xanado  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2004 4:29:00 AM(UTC)
xanado

Groups: Member

I am getting the following error on every page that uses the Graphics Mill DLL in an ASP (classic) page which send images out through the response steam (IIS on Win2k sp4+ WS 5.6 DataObj newest+, etc). I installed the software on my development machine a few days ago to test it out for use on our web servers. So far I have not found a solution to this issue that meets our current needs. Sample code is not necessary since none of the code included, downloaded samples, etc works unless the code first saves the image to the disk and not to the response object. When calling the .SaveToStream method it you get the following error:

Code:
This is the actual error:
ErrDescription: Method SaveToStream failed. Unable to commit memory.

Detailed Error:
ErrASPCode:
ErrNumber: -2147024882
ErrSource:
ErrCategory: GraphicsMill.Bitmap.2.0
ErrFile: /GraphicsMill/TransformingImages/Wave.asp
ErrLine: 32
ErrColumn 32
ErrDescription: Method SaveToStream failed. Unable to commit memory.
ErrAspDescription:

Line 32:
objBitmapimg.Formats.SelectCurrent "JPEG"
objBitmapimg.SaveToStream Response

I was able to get it to work by changing the IIS Process to ***Medium*** instead of ***Low***. This cannot be used on our production machines since it breaks a dozen or so other objects that require low issolation. Is there a way to call the response :

Code:
objBitmapimg.SaveToStream

through ASP without it running in the Medium IIS process? Thank you!

Edited by user Monday, December 24, 2007 5:28:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2004 1:42:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
This error arises when system cannot allocate enough memory. In your case I can assume that you have memory limitations for one process in IIS settings. When you using single process for all applications (i.e. Low application protection), you run out of these limitations. If you are using separate processes for different applications (like in Medium and High modes), each process consumes less memory than sum of all processes and you are inside these limitations. So to work around this problem you should increase the memory limitations.

I am not guru in IIS, and it is just suggestions. But I think you should check it...

xanado  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2004 11:43:00 PM(UTC)
xanado

Groups: Member

Thank you for the quick reply! I am running it on a 2Ghz w/ 2gigs ram and there are 2 web sites on this box. This is my personal server/workstation for development and I am the only one using it right now. I'm evaulating the software for use on our production machine w/ servers 1+ million sessions a month, 12+ million pages, etc.

I looked in IIS and on the MS site for memory in IIS and so far nothing. I really like this product and it is performing under stress tests extremely well but we have over a dozen other components that, because of our hosted env., require the low IIS setting. It is very strange to because the DLL works perfectly on medium but fails on low. We do have another server we could use as an image server so there is a work around but that was supposted to be our backup server! LOL

Thank you!